PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game presentation /Customer service

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Game presentation /Customer service

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm

The Mustang Club Board is implementing a new initiative to provide feedback to the Athletic department and operations folks after each game. Notice something that could be done better? Something that was done well? Post it here and it'll be taken up and considered Mondays after home games. Can also hit me up on Twitter; same username.
Last edited by RGV Pony on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Game presentation /Customer service

Postby SmooBoy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:54 pm

The absolute best thing about SMU-TCU atmosphere was that is was about the college experience of fans and bands and cheer. There was very little piped-in music and many times both bands were playing at the same time - as it should be. This made a world of difference and felt like a throw-back.

Volumes of PA were fine and video presentations were ok.

Not a huge fan of promos on the field, i.e. kicking a field goal, but if it pays the bills, fine.

Kids rolling and sliding down the hill are now part of the home game, so there's that.

Keep the 'college' part of college football as it adds to the pageantry and tradition.

And for gawd sakes, make it possible to open the club seating windows. They are such in the bubble and provide nothing to the game experience.
SmooBoy

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Ford Stadium has policies. It would be nice if they adhered to them.

Tomorrow for instance, keep the umbrellas out. I almost got in a fight with a person who had one draining water on me and blocking my view a couple of years ago. Ponchos or other types of rain gear are much better for watching in the rain.

Also many people pay high dollars to buy seats in good sections and their is no monitoring so once the game starts the cheap seaters move in and take over. And for those that say that does not matter when the stands are empty, that just means you are not paying the extra for those seats. I bet not just anyone can wander into the club seating. My money is just as dear to me as the high rollers.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby horsemanx » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:04 pm

This has the potential to become an epic ponyfans thread!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:26 pm

horsemanx wrote:This has the potential to become an epic ponyfans thread!
Sure does. Let's see where it goes. Should be fun. Could be constructive. Could be just a lot of [deleted]. I'm interested to see.
RGV Pony

Postby Arkpony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:28 pm

mrydel wrote:Ford Stadium has policies. It would be nice if they adhered to them.

Tomorrow for instance, keep the umbrellas out. I almost got in a fight with a person who had one draining water on me and blocking my view a couple of years ago. Ponchos or other types of rain gear are much better for watching in the rain.

Also many people pay high dollars to buy seats in good sections and their is no monitoring so once the game starts the cheap seaters move in and take over. And for those that say that does not matter when the stands are empty, that just means you are not paying the extra for those seats. I bet not just anyone can wander into the club seating. My money is just as dear to me as the high rollers.

Amen Brother!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:29 pm

I am very pleased, impressed and always happy to deal with RGV. He has a very good business sense and knows how a good operation should be run. And he is also an all around good guy that loves SMU.
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 pm

mrydel wrote:I am very pleased, impressed and always happy to deal with RGV. He has a very good business sense and knows how a good operation should be run. And he is also an all around good guy that loves SMU.

For sure!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:27 pm

mrydel wrote:Ford Stadium has policies. It would be nice if they adhered to them.

Opportunity exists to sell cheap disposable ponchos...with SMU logo and/or colors I might add
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:

Opportunity exists to sell cheap disposable ponchos...with SMU logo and/or colors I might add

The ones being sold in the past were yellow.
mrydel

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm

mrydel wrote: Also many people pay high dollars to buy seats in good sections and their is no monitoring so once the game starts the cheap seaters move in and take over. And for those that say that does not matter when the stands are empty, that just means you are not paying the extra for those seats. I bet not just anyone can wander into the club seating. My money is just as dear to me as the high rollers.

This had become a problem at UT outdoor club section. Got out of hand at Tulsa game. My buddy contacted the proper authority and USC game was closely monitored/policies enforced. People who had ponied up got rid of the freeloaders.
Bergermeister

Postby JasonB » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 pm

- There were no programs available at the TCU game. Not sure if that was due to weather, but I noticed the absence...

- Seconded on the SMU poncho, that would be awesome.
JasonB

Postby PonySnob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 am

Better internet access inside the stadium. Even with the light crowd today, it is painfully slow.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 am

PonySnob wrote:Better internet access inside the stadium. Even with the light crowd today, it is painfully slow.

It's probably the lighting
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU SID » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 pm

JasonB wrote:- There were no programs available at the TCU game. Not sure if that was due to weather, but I noticed the absence...

- Seconded on the SMU poncho, that would be awesome.

Programs are being sold near Gate 2 at the Barnes & Noble Merch Table. We also alerted B&N of the need for ponchos after last week. They should have been fully stocked today.
SMU SID
All-American

Next

Return to Football