PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game presentation /Customer service

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Game presentation /Customer service

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:13 am

JasonB wrote:
edwa wrote:The only other thing i would say is that the boulevard needs more stuff for non-greek students, i think many feel theres no reason to go as the main stuent area is all Greek tents and not much else, and if you dont wanna go to those greek tents your kinda left out.

Lyle/Cox tailgate?

I'm going to come in with my polarizing opinion but I wish Lyle and Cox were only for SMU students, alums and their guests. No other outsiders. That's even more amicable then the Law school tailgate where they only admit law school people and their guests. :D
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

One minor thing: during the game, tvs in the concourse near concessions should be set to the SMU game, not other games, so that if you're standing in line you don't miss any of the action. If there is a particularly important or exciting game elsewhere, fine to have 1 or 2 tvs on other games so long as SMU game is always visible nearby.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Dutch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 am

edwa wrote:The only other thing i would say is that the boulevard needs more stuff for non-greek students, i think many feel theres no reason to go as the main stuent area is all Greek tents and not much else, and if you dont wanna go to those greek tents your kinda left out.

response from school regarding your concern:

There is a tailgating option for non-Greek students. The SMU Student Foundation (http://smusf.squarespace.com/) puts on a tailgate each home game. It’s called “The Tent.” It’s in the middle of Dallas Lawn. Food and beverages are provided, and the only requirement is that you register for their email list when you arrive. It’s open to all students. I heard that last week they captured 400 email addresses, but I would have to verify that. Here is a registration page from the TCU game for reference (https://connect.smu.edu/event/2281134).

So yes, please point this student in the direction of The Tent. We don’t want him or her to feel like there is not a place for them on the Boulevard!
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU89 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:25 pm

DiamondM wrote:One minor thing: during the game, tvs in the concourse near concessions should be set to the SMU game, not other games, so that if you're standing in line you don't miss any of the action. If there is a particularly important or exciting game elsewhere, fine to have 1 or 2 tvs on other games so long as SMU game is always visible nearby.
Agree. Had same thought then wondered if on purpose to keep people in stadium. I know I wanted to get back to seats asap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 78pony » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, not only in the concourse, but in the Stadium Club as well. First game. In line for wine. No worries I’ll catch the next play on the tv monitor. Wrong! Not a single one in the whole place had our game. And what they had was a 3rd tier game of no interest. When pointed out to an SMU athletics employee, the stupefied look was almost saying, ‘well hey, at least it’s football.’
78pony
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Welcome home amigo
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:54 am

maybe SMU doesn't get the Ocho on its new tiered cable plan
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Previous

Return to Football