PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game presentation /Customer service

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Game presentation /Customer service

Postby PonyPride » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:55 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:SMU needs a Jim Phillips. Everything you complain about here, we complained about the exact same things. This article is about attendance, but it's all related.

https://www.insidenu.com/2015/6/15/8780 ... -marketing

Got one!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:40 pm

PonyPride wrote:
SMU Pom Mom wrote:SMU needs a Jim Phillips. Everything you complain about here, we complained about the exact same things. This article is about attendance, but it's all related.

https://www.insidenu.com/2015/6/15/8780 ... -marketing

Got one!

:lol: LOL! :lol:
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:51 pm

To put a bow on Navy week, The Mustang Club Board held a conference call with SMU Athletics Administrators on Monday morning to discuss the in-game experience for Football vs. NAVY. From that conversation, the board identified 9 broad-based areas of concern that the department should address. Mustang Club staff members then met personally with the department head of each of the areas of concern and, by Tuesday afternoon, had sent the Board a list of updates regarding each item.

Some highlights of note (some already mentioned):
-The 'other games' scoring issue/programming was fixed
-Access/entry and management of The Stables was revisited
-Mobile ticket access & printing glitch was addressed and corrected

Things brought up, tangentially or otherwise, in this thread of note:
There may well be something along the lines of Pony...Up in the offing.
This weekend is "band day," so band conversationalists will have much more to talk about.

Thanks again for participating. The Mustang Club's primary role is to fundraise; at the same time, the board's role is to advise the department, advocate, and engage and grow its base of (currently) 3500 or so members. If there are other opportunities to advise (customer contact points, questions, etc) feel free to pm. In the meantime, we'll see how HBU goes.

Current & upcoming opportunities to give include the crowdfunding for The Stables
https://giving.smu.edu/schools-areas/at ... e-stables/

And a Mixer/Film Session/Q&A with Jank on Oct 18. No link yet but I'll post on the basketball page when I come across one.
RGV Pony

Postby Peruna88 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:33 am

Going back a couple of pages - the original Moody game presentation guy, Jon, left Cincinnati and now works for the Cleveland Cavaliers - and loves it.
Peruna88
All-American

Postby soccermom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Just my thought....I wouldn’t worry too much about the cross stadium chant. IMO hearing everyone chant SMU sounds great.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:50 pm

soccermom wrote:Just my thought....I wouldn’t worry too much about the cross stadium chant. IMO hearing everyone chant SMU sounds great.

Couldn't agree more. Ford is too small to think we could EVER pull off an across field chant...especially given the tempered enthusiasm of SMU fans.
Charleston Pony

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:35 am

Charleston Pony wrote: tempered enthusiasm

translation: apathy
Bergermeister

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Bergermeister wrote:

Not really. Apathy would mean they would not even show up. My tempered enthusiasm comment was based on my observation that too many SMU fans aren't going to yell or scream or shout...it just would not be dignified behavior. Simple "golf course" level applause is the appropriate way to show your appreciation for the boys if they play well. Fortunately, there are enough enthusiastic fans to get the S-M-U chant going and sustain it for a while.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:

Not really. Apathy would mean they would not even show up. My tempered enthusiasm comment was based on my observation that too many SMU fans aren't going to yell or scream or shout...it just would not be dignified behavior. Simple "golf course" level applause is the appropriate way to show your appreciation for the boys if they play well. Fortunately, there are enough enthusiastic fans to get the S-M-U chant going and sustain it for a while.

Thank you RGV Pony. I'm glad to hear that the will consider the chant.

For the doubters, when I was in college not too long ago, we did the "RED....BLUE" Chant. It was a lot of fun to have those chants just wished it was different words. I agree that our fans, at least at this weekends game, are of the tea-sipping-quiet spectating bunch. I'm hoping though with a chant that it will entice real fans to come to feel like it's a real college football game.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby edwa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:05 am

The Stables were a great idea that haven't been executed in the best way. That being said both games i tried, i have gotten in without much hassle. But both games i have had friends on other sections of the stables, and not been allowed to go join them. If you get onto the stables you should be able to go onto any of them. Tbh there a little bare, not much seating, not much to do.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 am

edwa wrote:The Stables were a great idea that haven't been executed in the best way. That being said both games i tried, i have gotten in without much hassle. But both games i have had friends on other sections of the stables, and not been allowed to go join them. If you get onto the stables you should be able to go onto any of them. Tbh there a little bare, not much seating, not much to do.
Which games did you try? After the second, we discussed and were told going between sections would be allowed.
RGV Pony

Postby edwa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:25 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
edwa wrote:The Stables were a great idea that haven't been executed in the best way. That being said both games i tried, i have gotten in without much hassle. But both games i have had friends on other sections of the stables, and not been allowed to go join them. If you get onto the stables you should be able to go onto any of them. Tbh there a little bare, not much seating, not much to do.
Which games did you try? After the second, we discussed and were told going between sections would be allowed.

Was for Navy and TCU, sat with parents for HBU.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:44 pm

edwa wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:

Was for Navy and TCU, sat with parents for HBU.
Let us know if the process is improved next time.

One topic of this week's call was the fact that lots of students did what you did for HBU. The process should be easier in three weeks with the ability to go from section to section.
RGV Pony

Postby edwa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:09 pm

The only other thing i would say is that the boulevard needs more stuff for non-greek students, i think many feel theres no reason to go as the main stuent area is all Greek tents and not much else, and if you dont wanna go to those greek tents your kinda left out.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby JasonB » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:40 pm

edwa wrote:The only other thing i would say is that the boulevard needs more stuff for non-greek students, i think many feel theres no reason to go as the main stuent area is all Greek tents and not much else, and if you dont wanna go to those greek tents your kinda left out.

Lyle/Cox tailgate?
JasonB

PreviousNext

Return to Football