PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Any extra tickets for Houston Baptist or Cinci?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Any extra tickets for Houston Baptist or Cinci?

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Dutch wrote:
redpony wrote:
gostangs wrote:Disagree. We have the least expensive sports ticket in all of sports.

YEA?? Tell that to some of the bball people who just got totally screwed on the prices of their seats. And to add insult to injury the OOC schedule is an embarrassing joke.

he didn't ask opinion of the reseat. he stated that we have the least expensive ticket in all of sports. i am going to assume since the discussion was on DFW sports, you can, right now (just looked), get isle seats in section 213 for basketball for $500 for 18 home games. that's $27.75 a game per seat. that's cheap if you haven't shopped around the Mavs/Rangers/Stars/Cowboys. football you can get tickets for as little as $20 a game. hell, compare that to TCU's $95 general admission SRO for football games and we're a bargain.

participating in the reseat was a buyer's choice. no one made anyone do it and last I checked we don't have seat licenses, so, nobody got "totally screwed on the prices of THEIR seats".

UTA - Division 1 Basketball, $150 a seat (most expensive seats are $450 including donation and those fill just two sections in the arena).

And then there is this.... https://gofrogs.com/documents/2018/9/26/Mens_Basketball_Price_Map_2018_Season.pdf. Floor seat at TCU $2025, floor seat at SMU $5500. upper sideline at TCU $275, same at SMU $500.

Pretending SMU is appropriately priced is laughable.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Dutch wrote:
he didn't ask opinion of the reseat. he stated that we have the least expensive ticket in all of sports.
participating in the reseat was a buyer's choice. no one made anyone do it ".

Dutch- he stated in all of sports. To me, that was all inclusive of college sports- not just limited to DFW. A year ago I looked into the pricing of bball tickets and our pricing was on a par with the very top programs. IMO until we reach the pinnacle of a Duke, NC, KY or some of the other programs we are better keeping our pricing on a par with the teams we play and compete with.

Yes, reseating was a buyers choice. Aren't all of our sports programs a buyers choice? That could be one reason why Ford is usually only half full for home games- buyers choice and the buyers choose to stay home until we put a conference winning nationally recognized team on the field that plays teams of interest.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:Pretending SMU is appropriately priced is laughable.

You price at what the market can bear. Are you saying our tickets are not appropriately priced *for you?*
ponyboy

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Abu paid for Quality seats in the front row for years. Not rafter seats.
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 pm

This season will tell if the market will bear the price of SMU basketball. One thing is for sure, there are fewer people donating to SMU athletics and that means that the athletic department will have to look outside its fan base for the market that’s going to bear the cost.

$7 seats online suggests the market isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am

That seems true. And I did leave out the goodwill/loyalty piece of the equation.
ponyboy

Previous

Return to Football