PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Any extra tickets for Houston Baptist or Cinci?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Any extra tickets for Houston Baptist or Cinci?

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 am

How SMU is this thread?

You don't have to give the guy your tickets for free if you don't want to. You could just not respond. But no, some of you have to be jerks about it. He wants to bring people to the game, help him, don't insult him.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:54 am

Mustangsabu wrote:How SMU is this thread?

You don't have to give the guy your tickets for free if you don't want to. You could just not respond. But no, some of you have to be jerks about it. He wants to bring people to the game, help him, don't insult him.

Well stated.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby skyscraper » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:42 pm

If someone wants to giveaway unused tickets, let them. We could use butts in seats.
There might have been about 5,500 actual SMU fans at Saturday's game.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm

understand. One of the posters here said he was not using his cincy tickets as he had to go to wedding. Sent him a PM asking for them and didn't even get the courtesy of a response.

I had two non-SMU friends who said they would like to come with me if I went to the game since I was going to be in Dallas that weekend.
Think I will just watch it on TV since the attitude here is a genuine F-U by a lot of so-called fans.
redpony

Postby Nacho » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

we aren't going to have a fan base until we show that we can win consistently. so until then enjoy the leg room.
Nacho

Postby BUS » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Come to the Boulevard - Corner of Bishop and Binkley - I should have three seats to hand you!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby numero_uno » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:18 pm

BUS wrote:Come to the Boulevard - Corner of Bishop and Binkley - I should have three seats to hand you!

Thanks BUS, 03Mustang gave 3 to me already. Appreciate it, though.
numero_uno
Junior Varsity

Postby numero_uno » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Thanks to 03Mustang for the 3 tickets, my friend just bought 6 to the Cinci game! :)

So...anyone have extras for the Cinci game? Have another group of teacher friends now intrigued.
Let me know.
numero_uno
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:How SMU is this thread?

Disagree. We have the least expensive sports ticket in all of sports. Teacher or not anyone with a job can afford an SMU ticket. Even ten. Most SMU people I know are phenomenally generous, but we don't suffer a mooch. Our program need paid customers so please just go buy a couple. It's about the cost of a twelve pack.
gostangs

Postby ponyboy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Maybe so. But you still don't insult the guy. That's not going to have him running to the ticket office
ponyboy

Postby Dutch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 am

numero_uno wrote:
gostangs wrote:Would help us if you just bought some instead of begging.

I have my own season tickets. 10yrs now. Birthday gift to myself. I'm a teacher. Not exactly rolling in dough here.

PonySnob wrote:214-SMU-GAME

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, that's the number. It's been saved in my phone for 10yrs.
Pony Up wrote:No joke. Buy the tickets. It's not like they're über-expensive.

Do you know how much teachers make? We steal from each other all the time... ooh pencils... look, an extra desk. We take what we can get.

Maybe SMU can do a 1/2 off teacher night, like every other sports venue here (minus the Cowboys), then I can have several of my colleagues join me.

I just figure, if no one is using their tickets, I'd rather bring X amount of my friends to a game, get them interested, and then have someone come back again for another game. My plan has already worked. Took 2 friends to TCU game, they bought tickets for Navy. Took 3 friends to the Navy game, they bought 3 for the Cinci game. Give a little to get a little.
you're in luck:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am

Dutch wrote:
numero_uno wrote:
gostangs wrote:Would help us if you just bought some instead of begging.

I have my own season tickets. 10yrs now. Birthday gift to myself. I'm a teacher. Not exactly rolling in dough here.

PonySnob wrote:214-SMU-GAME

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, that's the number. It's been saved in my phone for 10yrs.
Pony Up wrote:No joke. Buy the tickets. It's not like they're über-expensive.

Do you know how much teachers make? We steal from each other all the time... ooh pencils... look, an extra desk. We take what we can get.

Maybe SMU can do a 1/2 off teacher night, like every other sports venue here (minus the Cowboys), then I can have several of my colleagues join me.

I just figure, if no one is using their tickets, I'd rather bring X amount of my friends to a game, get them interested, and then have someone come back again for another game. My plan has already worked. Took 2 friends to TCU game, they bought tickets for Navy. Took 3 friends to the Navy game, they bought 3 for the Cinci game. Give a little to get a little.
you're in luck:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone find Russ Potts?
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby redpony » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:13 pm

gostangs wrote:Disagree. We have the least expensive sports ticket in all of sports.

YEA?? Tell that to some of the bball people who just got totally screwed on the prices of their seats. And to add insult to injury the OOC schedule is an embarrassing joke.
redpony

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 pm

I like the fact that we should email “cash@smu.edu” to order tickets. I usually speak with him so I never noticed Connors cool email handle.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Dutch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

redpony wrote:
gostangs wrote:Disagree. We have the least expensive sports ticket in all of sports.

YEA?? Tell that to some of the bball people who just got totally screwed on the prices of their seats. And to add insult to injury the OOC schedule is an embarrassing joke.

he didn't ask opinion of the reseat. he stated that we have the least expensive ticket in all of sports. i am going to assume since the discussion was on DFW sports, you can, right now (just looked), get isle seats in section 213 for basketball for $500 for 18 home games. that's $27.75 a game per seat. that's cheap if you haven't shopped around the Mavs/Rangers/Stars/Cowboys. football you can get tickets for as little as $20 a game. hell, compare that to TCU's $95 general admission SRO for football games and we're a bargain.

participating in the reseat was a buyer's choice. no one made anyone do it and last I checked we don't have seat licenses, so, nobody got "totally screwed on the prices of THEIR seats".
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football