PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny Dykes talks HBU win, UCF preview

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sonny Dykes talks HBU win, UCF preview

Postby PonyPride » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:29 am

Q&A with Sonny Dykes
SMU coach reviews win over HBU, looks ahead to UCF

SMU football head coach Sonny Dykes met the media Tuesday to review the Mustangs' victory over Houston Baptist and to look ahead to Saturday's game at UCF.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: As you mentioned, you’ve played a lot of freshmen — both true and redshirt freshmen. It seems to me that takes a lot of guts, rather than going for the quick fix. Are you doing this because you feel this is the best way to build a foundation for the long run?

A: Well, you know, the funny thing about it is … to me, the interesting thing about head coaching, when you take over someplace … I believe, you know, all these players are my players. You know what I mean? I think, sometimes, head coaches talk about “I’ve got to get my players in here, I’ve got to do this …” You know, all of these are my players. All the guys that have been here are my guys. I might not have recruited them, but they’re my guys. So that’s not happening. You know what I mean? Sometimes ...

To read this story in its entirety, CLICK HERE
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Sonny Dykes talks HBU win, UCF preview

Postby Arkpony » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:48 am

Love that guy!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend