PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pony NATE-tion Abridged: UCF too much for Mustangs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pony NATE-tion Abridged: UCF too much for Mustangs

Postby PonyNate » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 am

Apologies to the readers, as college apps, school work, and football practice proved to be too much for me to get to a full article this week. However, here is my very condensed take on this week's matchup against the No. 12 Golden Knights of UCF:

This is another bear of a matchup for the Ponies. UCF is led by Heisman-hopeful quarterback McKenzie Milton. Milton is having a phenomenal year, with over 1200 yards, 13 touchdowns, at a 61.3 percent completion rate. UCF's offense has been borderline unstoppable with 48.8 points per game to go along with a top 20 passing attack and a top 5 rushing attack (in terms of yardage per game). I have a feeling SMU's banged up defense, although it has played well of late, won't have the horses to keep up with UCF's incredible offense. Defensively, the Knights are ranked 15th in the nation in scoring defense, holding opponents to 16.8 points per game. Regardless if Will Brown or Ben Hicks starts, that doesn't change how good this UCF defense is. SMU's offense has begun to click a little bit more, but expect struggles to arise again.

This is just another tough matchup for a young and growing team. I think SMU will show lots of energy and life early on, but SMU will wear down as the game goes, and UCF will pull away slowly but surely. Better things are undoubtedly ahead for the Ponies, but it isn't in the cards this week. I've got UCF winning handily.

Nate's Take: UCF 48 SMU 20
Yes, this is Pony Nate from Pony Nate-tion, and yes you can debate me as much as you'd like...

"Stay focused"-David Sanchez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVxAv3aIoc
PonyNate
Recruit

Re: Pony NATE-tion Abridged: UCF too much for Mustangs

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:27 am

FYI - To mark the start of the new era, the teams names were reverted to "Knights" from the "Golden Knights" on May 4, 2007. In addition, new logos and uniforms were unveiled for all of UCF's athletic programs.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smuhype » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 am

HOLY COW!!!

Pony NATE has been good all year but last night he nailed the EXACT SCORE!

www.ponyfans.com may need to start paying him for this spot on guidance.

Who needs Phil Steele or Chris Fallica???

Put him on ESPN GameDay!
smuhype
Junior Varsity

Postby smucali18 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 am

"i don't trust words, i even question actions, but i never doubt patterns"

with that in mind, can we also get Nate's Take on the top 25 next week?

time to start comparing vs Norm's Picks of the Pole

$$$$$
smucali18

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Nate’s a senior in high school? Hope you choose wisely. Got som good skills and passion.

Tulane will be a closer match and hopefully Ponies can pull out another close win.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Nate’s a senior in high school? Hope you choose wisely. Got som good skills and passion.

Tulane will be a closer match and hopefully Ponies can pull out another close win.

Tulane will remember last year's bitter defeat at Ford. I hope with 2 weeks to prepare that this game will at least come down to the last possession because if it is lopsided, advantage Tulane.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoss » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 am

Can Nate help me pick lottery numbers?
Hoss
All-American

Postby PonyNate » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 am

tristatecoog wrote:Nate’s a senior in high school? Hope you choose wisely. Got som good skills and passion.

Appreciate it! Saturday's game should be fun...
Yes, this is Pony Nate from Pony Nate-tion, and yes you can debate me as much as you'd like...

"Stay focused"-David Sanchez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVxAv3aIoc
PonyNate
Recruit

Return to Football