PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Beasley having a career day

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Beasley having a career day

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:08 pm

JJ recruit Cole Beasley tearing it up against Jacksonville today. Impressive. And to think he almost quit during his 1st training camp.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Beasley having a career day

Postby PoconoPony » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Despite Dak labeling him as his main guy in the pre-season; the Cowboys have failed to include him in the offense until today's game. In fact, this is the first game this year where the Cowboys have displayed any semblance of creativity and aggressiveness in their offense. I think maybe someone on the staff actually watched a Chief's game and discovered there were offensive plays that existed beyond their offensive play book 101.
Last edited by PoconoPony on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoofprint » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:35 am

Didn't he say this week he wants to be paid among the top slot WRs in the league? Nice job backing that up against a good Jacksonville defense.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby malonish » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am

Charleston Pony wrote:JJ recruit Cole Beasley tearing it up against Jacksonville today. Impressive. And to think he almost quit during his 1st training camp.

Cole Beasley committed to SMU on July 11, 2007. JJ musta got in on him real early.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Much better day than Emmanual Sanders who, in a 3 point loss, cost the Broncos 4 points with his ill advised taunting penalty (for those that did not see - he thought he scored the TD and got up in the face of the CB pointing his finger in his face. Would not have been much of an issue had the penalty been assessed on the KO - but they went back and looked at the play and called him down inches from the end zone, which turned out to make it 15 yards and inches):

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders was penalized for taunting during a loss to the Rams after catching a pass from quarterback Case Keenum at the one-yard line.

Instead of potentially scoring a touchdown from the one, Denver’s offense was backed up to the 16-yard line and had to settle for a field goal. After a 23-20 loss, Sanders was asked about the penalty.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/15/denver-broncos-emmanuel-sanders-thinks-nfl-is-soft-but-accepts-blame-for-penalty/
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm

malonish wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:JJ recruit Cole Beasley tearing it up against Jacksonville today. Impressive. And to think he almost quit during his 1st training camp.

Cole Beasley committed to SMU on July 11, 2007. JJ musta got in on him real early.

He was a Bennett recruit.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

malonish wrote:

I stand corrected. I seem to remember Beasley was a QB in H.S. but was recruited as a WR so I thought that sounded like something JJ would have done
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyPride » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I stand corrected. I seem to remember Beasley was a QB in H.S. but was recruited as a WR so I thought that sounded like something JJ would have done

You're right — Beasley was an option QB at Little Elm High School.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby malonish » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
malonish wrote:

He was a Bennett recruit.

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football