PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OT - The attendance threshold still applies

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OT - The attendance threshold still applies

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 am

CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: OT - The attendance threshold still applies

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 am

I wonder how we are doing on this.

I assume we are fine since we usually announce well over 20k.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smitty329 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:17 am

Looks like it's not what we announce but what was scanned - which in NIU's case was audit-able. I wonder if someone had to physically scan the 56,345 tickets they had to buy to satisfy the audit.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:32 pm

I think the NCAA audit is for paid tickets sold but those aren't the numbers published by schools at games which is tickets distributed. I think I saw a Freedom of Information request recently where they do have to report the real paid attendance to the NCAA
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Big Easy Pony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 am

"As a result, the next time you hear a Group of Five school is getting a big check as part of a revenue guarantee game, just note that part of that money could be going to tickets at home as well if the stadium isn’t quite rocking like it should be on a Saturday afternoon."

Thank you, Michigan.
Big Easy Pony
Varsity

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:01 pm

The Athletic Department announced their new “Huskie Hundreds” promotion Aug. 27, which automatically enters every student in attendance at a football game into a giveaway in which winners will have $100 put into their Bursar accounts, with 10 winners named for every thousand students.

Also a beer garden in the stadium.

I wonder if it’s really worth the extra money for the MAC to be in FBS. 20 more scholarships as well.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby dr rc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:42 pm

smitty329 wrote:Looks like it's not what we announce but what was scanned - which in NIU's case was audit-able. I wonder if someone had to physically scan the 56,345 tickets they had to buy to satisfy the audit.

MAC schools have to contend with ESPN sticking them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights though. That pretty much makes it impossible for them to have good attendance. Students alone can't be expected to fill a stadium and you flat out are never going to get big numbers of alumni to go to a midweek game.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:47 pm

dr rc wrote:
smitty329 wrote:Looks like it's not what we announce but what was scanned - which in NIU's case was audit-able. I wonder if someone had to physically scan the 56,345 tickets they had to buy to satisfy the audit.

MAC schools have to contend with ESPN sticking them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights though. That pretty much makes it impossible for them to have good attendance. Students alone can't be expected to fill a stadium and you flat out are never going to get big numbers of alumni to go to a midweek game.

especially considering the fact that MAC teams aren't located in major metropolitan areas
Charleston Pony

Return to Football