PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pass the BBQ sauce

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pass the BBQ sauce

Postby HorsePower » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:24 pm

I've been critical of Hicks at times, so dish out a big plate of crow.
Congrats to Hicks. Ugly game by both teams, and he got it done.
HorsePower
Heisman

Re: Pass the BBQ sauce

Postby blackoutpony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:38 pm

HorsePower wrote:I've been critical of Hicks at times, so dish out a big plate of crow.

We only needed to score that last TD because of his garbage pick 6.

Don’t get me wrong, glad we won, but he looked like crap for 80% of the game.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Agreed and he refuse to block and rather jumping on the ball he tries to kick it.

The OC play calling was terrible and predictable. Even the announcers knew were running with the receivers that normally don’t play were on the field.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:06 am

HorsePower wrote:I've been critical of Hicks at times, so dish out a big plate of crow.

Indeed...and I will be happy if we can continue winning ugly the rest of this season.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:32 am

QB is a great position. Complete less than 50% of your pass attempts most of the game, throw your 20th pick-six, give up on a safety, display horrible body language and give up on plays so obviously that announcers are commenting on it, average about 2:00 per offensive drive...then throw a late TD throw, win the game, and now everybody writes you an apology for criticizing your terrible play.
SMUer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am

SMUer wrote:QB is a great position. Complete less than 50% of your pass attempts most of the game, throw your 20th pick-six, give up on a safety, display horrible body language and give up on plays so obviously that announcers are commenting on it, average about 2:00 per offensive drive...then throw a late TD throw, win the game, and now everybody writes you an apology for criticizing your terrible play.

And you make photo of the day!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:04 am

SMUer wrote:QB is a great position. Complete less than 50% of your pass attempts most of the game, throw your 20th pick-six, give up on a safety, display horrible body language and give up on plays so obviously that announcers are commenting on it, average about 2:00 per offensive drive...then throw a late TD throw, win the game, and now everybody writes you an apology for criticizing your terrible play.

One other thing nobody has commented on is that Hicks was the 1st one to go to Howerton after the bad snap and to his WRs after drops and pat them on the head to encourage them. I bash him as much as anyone, but have to stay objective and point out the good as well as the bad
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU89 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:57 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Agreed and he refuse to block and rather jumping on the ball he tries to kick it.

The OC play calling was terrible and predictable. Even the announcers knew were running with the receivers that normally don’t play were on the field.
If he didnt miss on the kick and the ball went out (kicked it out) isnt it a TD?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SMU89

Return to Football