PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: Cincinnati Attendance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: Cincinnati Attendance

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:01 pm

TidePony wrote:The Stables or what ever it’s called needs to come down now, it’s embarrassing.

You can count the students on two hands.

With no other student section apparently I believe we had about 7 students at the game in the 4th quarter. Seven!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 pm

TidePony wrote:The Stables or what ever it’s called needs to come down now, it’s embarrassing.

So give the students another reason not to come
smupony94

Postby Nacho » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:28 pm

I dont usually comment on attendance but that was pathetic considering we were playing a good one loss team. Frankly I was shocked. Perfect weather. No excuse. We don't have opposing SWC fans to pad our attendance anymore. SMU is not a football school. It's too bad. The team gave it a great try. Too bad students and alumni just dont care.
Nacho

Postby Topper » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 pm

This program has been on life support for so long it us a miracle that it hasn't been shuttered. Once the current generation of big donors are gone I don't see younger alums picking up the slack. I certainly don't see them at the games. Other than TCU and maybe Baylor every so often we can't get meaningful out if conference opponents to play at Ford in part thanks to those Jerryworld "classics."
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby docabel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Attendance: 16,121

21 students and 16,100 fans.
docabel
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 pm

It’s crazy how in like 6-7 years the student attendance went from 500 - 1,500 to literally 20. Thanks June.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Official: Cincinnati Attendance

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Numerous groups of students or young alumni with parents (or whoever) getting up to leave around me during the mid to late 3rd quarter. As I predicted, people leave no matter what, regardless of the score, weather, or quality of the play on the field.

Most that actually go to our games don’t care, much less those that aren’t there already. Honestly, I think it’s a lost cause to hope for it to ever improve.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 pm

03Mustang wrote:Numerous groups of students or young alumni with parents (or whoever) getting up to leave around me during the mid to late 3rd quarter. As I predicted, people leave no matter what, regardless of the score, weather, or quality of the play on the field.

Most that actually go to our games don’t care, much less those that aren’t there already. Honestly, I think it’s a lost cause to hope for it to ever improve.

I respectfully disagree. We need to first prove it’s lost cause by actually have a great record with notable wins. A 10-2 season with a P5 win and a blowout win bowl game. After that season if attendance is still the same then yes I agree. It’s hard to criticize when our best record ever was like 8-4 with a consistent 7-5 in a weak conference with no notable wins except 2011 with 1 big win + huge collapse. This season is our typical almost to just getting to bowl season. It’s mediocre and we will get mediocre attendance. However what concerns me the most our fans “triggered” by cheering. I say “Get Lost”.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 am

I overhead a student say “I never heard if Cincinnati...well the team.” We don’t exactly have a student body of ardent sports fans.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:14 am

Few young people here care about football. We beat a top 10 houston team here in front of a half empty stadium. The best win in 35 years. We should have beaten a 6-1 previously #20Cincinnati team on a perfectly beautiful Saturday but that still doesn’t interest many students.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:26 am

Bergermeister wrote:

That's an understatement. Remove the east side upper section at the same time. Maybe the whole east side. Nobody's home. :roll:

Watching that game reminded me that I can still fly to Dallas for any game, buy an endzone seat and sit at mid-field on the visitor side. As much as I complain about our attendance, that's the only positive I can take from the sad state of our football program. I sure hope Sonny will stick it out and try to rebuild this disaster because he has at least given me some hope that he just might be the guy who can do it. Of course, I had that same hope with June and Chad.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:47 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Big game, beautiful weather - 31,420

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Previous

Return to Football