PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Uni-Watch mention

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Uni-Watch mention

Postby SMUPhil » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Over on Uni-watch.com, they had this to say about the SMU and Tulane uniforms:

"I don’t talk about SMU’s solid look enough. It truly is a look indicative of the Mustangs. Too bad Tulane had to ruin what would’ve otherwise been a beautiful-looking game by wearing black pants."
Sent from my Motorola brick.
SMUPhil
All-American

Re: Uni-Watch mention

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 am

Yep. Looked as bad as when we wore black jerseys vs Army. Bush league. (Not our Bush)
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 pm

We're pretty solid in a few areas: tradition, tailgating (The Boulevard), campus beauty, academics, women, Doak Walker statue, and definitely uniforms. Very proud of all of that. Every bit of it is top notch.

Ford Stadium is nice with the brick walls along the sidelines, the horseshoe shape, the glassed in area, the boxes and suites, the location -- but the stadium does have a high school feeling to it just because of its size.

Fact is we are a second-tier college team and, short of a miracle in which we're brought in to a P5 conference, add a second level to Ford and all that, we will always remain so. Our only reasonable hope of big time national athletic relevance is basketball. We can do it -- we've seen it! -- and we need to ensure we forever keep that thing going, keep Moody Magic and Top 25 teams as a fixture for the next 100 years.
ponyboy

Postby redpony » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 pm

ponyboy wrote: Our only reasonable hope of big time national athletic relevance is basketball. We can do it -- we've seen it! -- and we need to ensure we forever keep that thing going, keep Moody Magic and Top 25 teams as a fixture for the next 100 years.

that too has past. You can not compare the last season or two to the ones when LB was here. Our bball has hit the top and is slowly careening back to where it was. Knowing our usual lack of action we will wait until it is far too late to make a change and we will have lost the excitement and momentum of prior years.
redpony

Postby Nacho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:42 pm

We've seen we can do it in football too. The same way we did it in basketball.
Nacho

Postby Nacho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 pm

The same way every successful team does it.
Nacho

Postby MustangStealth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:57 pm

On a tangential note, Tulane's gold stripes on the field look awful. It's like they let the astroturf die.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm

redpony wrote:
ponyboy wrote: Our only reasonable hope of big time national athletic relevance is basketball. We can do it -- we've seen it! -- and we need to ensure we forever keep that thing going, keep Moody Magic and Top 25 teams as a fixture for the next 100 years.

that too has past. You can not compare the last season or two to the ones when LB was here. Our bball has hit the top and is slowly careening back to where it was. Knowing our usual lack of action we will wait until it is far too late to make a change and we will have lost the excitement and momentum of prior years.

Thanks, Eeyore.

Jank may not be the guy, in which case we go get the one who is. We have everything to succeed at the highest level, including strong donor support and interest.
ponyboy

Postby Dutch » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:18 am

Bergermeister wrote:Yep. Looked as bad as when we wore black jerseys vs Army. Bush league. (Not our Bush)

it's Busch League.

like the beer, that sponsored the lower tier NASCAR series. i.e. the less relevant division of the not so relevant "sport"
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am

Dutch wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:Yep. Looked as bad as when we wore black jerseys vs Army. Bush league. (Not our Bush)

it's Busch League.

like the beer, that sponsored the lower tier NASCAR series. i.e. the less relevant division of the not so relevant "sport"

Or not...

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/idioms/bush-league

Bush League

Definition
"Bush league" describes something that is below professional standards.

Origin
With "bush" being a synonym for a rural area, non-Major League clubs in small towns were referred to as bush league teams in the early days of baseball. The term has come to be used often outside of baseball.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby docabel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 am

MustangStealth wrote:On a tangential note, Tulane's gold stripes on the field look awful. It's like they let the astroturf die.

I thought it looked like they let all the grass die, and then came in and painted over the dead grass every 5 yards
docabel
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 pm

What a huge relief this year watching the Mustang in traditional uniforms that are immediately recognizable in all mediums. Our look is clean, clear and classy. I absolutely hated what HCCM teams did to destroy our look with hideous colors, uniform combinations and helmets that could not be recognized on TV. Thank you Sonny for actually understanding our history and returning sanity to our look.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU89 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:09 pm

PoconoPony wrote:What a huge relief this year watching the Mustang in traditional uniforms that are immediately recognizable in all mediums. Our look is clean, clear and classy. I absolutely hated what HCCM teams did to destroy our look with hideous colors, uniform combinations and helmets that could not be recognized on TV. Thank you Sonny for actually understanding our history and returning sanity to our look.
Ill wear a leis to that

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SMU89

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:46 pm

While I like the uniforms' ... umm ... uniformity, I also kind of miss how easy it was to identify what game a picture was from by what they were wearing.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Return to Football