PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Braeden West

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Braeden West

Postby PonyPride » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:50 pm

• West now has 4,205 all-purpose yards, good for No. 8 in program history. With 22 more yards, he'll pass Jerry LeVias.
• His yardage is good for fifth among current FBS players (next up: Florida Atlantic's Devin Singletary, who has 4,454).
• He's now 10th in SMU history with 2,409 rushing yards. Next on the list ahead of him: No. 9 Alvin Maxson, who had 2,734.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Braeden West

Postby malonish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Braeden is the quiet warrior that has had a lot to do with our success in his time. Save for the year Xavier got >1000 yards he's been carrying the team on the ground.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:25 am

Very impressive career for a guy who doesn't look big enough to be as durable as he has been. He will be missed next year, that's for sure.
Charleston Pony

Postby Ikus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:19 pm

I cringe when he runs between the tackles, but he survives. Incredibly tough young man.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 pm

PonyPride wrote:• West now has 4,205 all-purpose yards, good for No. 8 in program history. With 22 more yards, he'll pass Jerry LeVias.
• His yardage is good for fifth among current FBS players (next up: Florida Atlantic's Devin Singletary, who has 4,454).
• He's now 10th in SMU history with 2,409 rushing yards. Next on the list ahead of him: No. 9 Alvin Maxson, who had 2,734.

Remember LeVias was a WR and never played RB to the best of my recollection. In addition, LeVias played before 1968 when frosh were first made eligible to play varsity sports thereby limiting him to 3 years. Finally, the SMU offense had a very limited passing attack for his first 2 years and he did not get the ball very often despite everyone recognizing his great talent and speed. It was only when Hixon became the QB in 1967/68 season that he became a primary weapon. He was also helped by Mike Richardson who was an outstanding half back and a great pass receiver who gave SMU another difficult to cover passing option.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 pm

PoconoPony wrote:
PonyPride wrote:• West now has 4,205 all-purpose yards, good for No. 8 in program history. With 22 more yards, he'll pass Jerry LeVias.

Remember LeVias was a WR and never played RB to the best of my recollection. In addition, LeVias played before 1968 when frosh were first made eligible to play varsity sports thereby limiting him to 3 years. Finally, the SMU offense had a very limited passing attack for his first 2 years and he did not get the ball very often despite everyone recognizing his great talent and speed. It was only when Hixon became the QB in 1967/68 season that he became a primary weapon. He was also helped by Mike Richardson who was an outstanding half back and a great pass receiver who gave SMU another difficult to cover passing option.

Levias had a lot of all purpose yardage from punt and kickoff returns, too
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:21 pm

I questioned the 1968 freshman eligible statement since I was a freshman in 68 and we were not eligible. Looked it up and found that freshmen were eligible in 1968 EXCEPT football and basketball which did not occur until 1972. So Pocono’s swim team could have freshmen eligible but football did not.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Return to Football