PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

James Proché

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

James Proché

Postby PonyPride » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:06 pm

Proché is now:
• No. 10 in school history with 2,216 career receiving yards. He's 16 yards shy of tying No. 9 Jason Wolf, and 59 yards shy of tying Jerry LeVias for eighth place in receiving yards.
• Proché now has 152 receptions — good for No. 14 in school history. With three more, he'll tie LeVias and Chris Cunningham for 12th. Through eight games, Proché is averaging 6.875 receptions per game. At that rate, in the next four games, he'll pass Cunningham, LeVias, Korey BeardEmanuel Tolbert and Darius Joseph to move into ninth place in SMU history ... with a season to go.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: James Proché

Postby Ikus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm

... and he's a junior. Nice.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Ikus wrote:... and he's a junior. Nice.

Nice stats, but if he runs a critical situation route and does not quit we may have another win.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:39 pm

I don't think Proche comes back for his senior year. I wouldn't if I were him especially if I were given a 3rd round grade. I wonder what kind of draft grade he's been given. He doesn't have great size and he's not a sub 4.5 forty guy probably but he's real special bottom line.
ojaipony

Postby JasonB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:09 am

ojaipony wrote:I don't think Proche comes back for his senior year. I wouldn't if I were him especially if I were given a 3rd round grade. I wonder what kind of draft grade he's been given. He doesn't have great size and he's not a sub 4.5 forty guy probably but he's real special bottom line.

You just described Trey Quinn. Where did he go? Proche is really coming into his own and I think he can be a serviceable pro, but he shouldn't leave early.
JasonB

Postby horsemanx » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 am

It will be interesting to see what happens if Proche has a strong finish to the season. I am sure scouts are monitoring his performances closely.

As we continue to become WR U it will just become more and more likely we will lose WRs to the NFL early.

I was concerned before the season we might lose Hicks to the NFL early as well, but fortunately I don't think we need to worry about that.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby malonish » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 am

PoconoPony wrote:
Ikus wrote:... and he's a junior. Nice.

Nice stats, but if he runs a critical situation route and does not quit we may have another win.

Not if the ball is thrown behind him and right to the defender. It was not on him v Cincy.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dr rc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 am

horsemanx wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens if Proche has a strong finish to the season. I am sure scouts are monitoring his performances closely.

As we continue to become WR U it will just become more and more likely we will lose WRs to the NFL early..

Quinn was the very last pick of the draft. :lol: at trying to claim as WR U.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby malonish » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:47 am

We've put a lot of WR in the NFL in the last 8 years.........
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dr rc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:56 am

malonish wrote:We've put a lot of WR in the NFL in the last 8 years.........

In the last 10 years 6 SMU WRS have been drafted or made it in as an undrafted FA. The 4 drafted were Emmanuel Sanders, Aldrick Robinson, Courtland Sutton, and Trey Quinn. Cole Beasley and Darius Johnson were the undrafted FAs.

In that same time period Florida 16, Ohio State 12, LSU, Clemson, Cal and Missouri 11, OU 10, Georgia, Miami, and USC 9, Texas A&M and Florida State 8, Alabama, Penn State, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Baylor, Wisconsin, Washington, Michigan, Michigan State 7...

I have no idea if there are more b/c I gave up checking after I saw that SMU isn't in the top 20. WR U of the AAC? Sure I guess though UCF also has 6 that made it. Of all of FBS football? Not even close.

You can check to see where exactly SMU is here https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/
dr rc
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Are all of those numbers active or just drafted?
JasonB

Postby dr rc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 pm

JasonB wrote:Are all of those numbers active or just drafted?

Those are guys who got on a team drafted or undrafted in the last 10 years (which I picked b/c 08 is when June cameth). SMU is at 5 currently on teams though Quinn has been on IR all year. I don't really care about how many are active b/c the average career is 3-5 years in the NFL.

Regardless, SMU is not WR U.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby PonyLaw90 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm

We are Wide Receiver U (of DFW).
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Turn your argument around, rc:

1. Despite immeasurably superior recruiting and talent, the following teams only had ONE more NFL wide receiver than SMU in the last decade: Alabama, Penn State, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Baylor, Wisconsin, Washington, Michigan, Michigan State. (Let that sink in).

2. Of the relatively few players we send to the NFL, more than 25% are wide receivers.

Yeah, WR U.
ponyboy

Postby ponyboy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Here's one more stat for you: Five of our six NFL WRs since 2008 are still playing, compared to two of seven for Michigan, three of seven for Alabama, and three of six for UCF.
ponyboy

Next

Return to Football