PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Knowing the coaches.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Knowing the coaches.

Postby chewybmt » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Anybody on here ever had a kid play sports in collage and the parents never get to meet the coach or any coach on the team? Just seems odd to me, my kid plays a good bit for smu and I've never met a coach on this team.
I knew all the coaches well on the last staff, all were cool and made you feel welcome to games or practice.
This staff sux in that department.
chewybmt
Recruit

Re: Knowing the coaches.

Postby JasonB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Most coaches build that relationship during the recruiting process... but I bet that if your son asks, it will happen...
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:31 pm

chewybmt wrote:Anybody on here ever had a kid play sports in collage and the parents never get to meet the coach or any coach on the team? Just seems odd to me, my kid plays a good bit for smu and I've never met a coach on this team.
I knew all the coaches well on the last staff, all were cool and made you feel welcome to games or practice.
This staff sux in that department.

Sounds like your kid plays on the D side of the ball - Major props. They have really turned it around and am sure your kid has something to do with it, along with the new D scheme.

Assume your relationship was with Van Malone more than anyone. You should definitely reach out to the staff to introduce yourself.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Maybe the "new" staff heard about you from the "cool" staff. :lol:
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Maybe the "new" staff heard about you from the "cool" staff. :lol:

wow, way to be welcoming to a player's parent.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:53 pm

JasonB wrote:Most coaches build that relationship during the recruiting process... but I bet that if your son asks, it will happen...

i was going to say, if you're just wanting to meet them to introduce yourself and get to know them for a few minutes, shouldn't be a problem at all.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football