PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good to Hear

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good to Hear

Postby jettison » Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:13 am

It's pleasing to hear that the offense picked it up a bit during the '2nd half.' Unfortunately, baby jettison solved his two day constipation problem about 7:30 p.m. Saturday night, and after ruining one outfit and depleting our supply of wet wipes, he started exercising his lungs... so we had to make an early exit.

I was pretty worried, however, because the offensive play on the field that first hour quite honestly looked and smelled a lot like that dirty diaper. I left with the impression that they were 'thinking' too much and forcing dumb plays. Someone suggested to me they weren't 'mean enough,' unlike the defense which was characterized by creative face painting and overall excitement.

But, like I said, it sounds like they solved a few of the mysteries and unlocked some potential. And, if Jfree continues to hit it off with Luker like that for 11 games... I'm willing to let that 'thunder and lightning' concept miss us just like that huge cloud on saturday night.

BTW, the limited play I saw - I was mesmerized by DD Johnson - quick and ferocious. Just try not to give any more stingers to our players with limited backup!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Return to Football