PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dieter

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dieter

Postby 3rdGenPony » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Am I the only one that was not aware G. Dieter played for the former Dallas Texans, aka the KC Chiefs? Do we have any others that left SMU and made it to the NFL?
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Re: Dieter

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:16 pm

I imagine the McCown kid is still around.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Jerry Mays played for the Dallas Texans/ K.C.Chiefs. Good ballplayer and great person.

Also, IIRC Dave Shearer (sp?) played for the Colts? Think he did a lot of punting.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Quarter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:04 am

redpony wrote:Jerry Mays played for the Dallas Texans/ K.C.Chiefs. Good ballplayer and great person.

Also, IIRC Dave Shearer (sp?) played for the Colts? Think he did a lot of punting.

Wasn't Dave Shearer an AA punter for SMU?

Maybe not quite that standard as a student.

There was a big English class taught by a prof much loved by the co-eds who sometimes let students volunteer to read parts when the subject was drama. Students were told to leave a note with their name if they wanted to read. Shearer and a couple other football players were much amused by the volunteers.

Finally, one irritated coed turned in Shearer's name to read and the stumbling result drew more laughs from the other football players than any recitation by another student.

The prof did not receive tenure at SMU and finished his career at one of the directional GA colleges where a scholarship now bears his name.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:47 am

Gherig Deiter won a National Championship with Alabama. Just called up to the Chiefs a couple of weeks ago.

Does this mean we can credit June Jones for recruiting another SMU WR that landed in the NFL?

Who will ever be able to forget the Preston to Deiter connection at SMU:

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football