PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boulevard changing

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Boulevard changing

Postby skyscraper » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 pm

So are they gonna line up their tents along that pedestrian path in between Moody and Ford? It’s not a bad idea, but definitely different.
The students are already isolated from the bulk of the Boulevard up in front of Dallas Hall, so it’s not like they’re being yanked out from in front of Cox or Meadows.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Boulevard changing

Postby No Quarter » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:47 pm

You have to hope the administration had their finger crossed when they said, "This is it," that they will change back if student attendance (if that was the goal) does not increase. Oh, this is SMU?
And sports related? Okay. My bad.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby mtrout » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 pm

mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby edwa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:13 am

Mr hart has done some great hires as a AD, but he has no idea how to fix attendance
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:50 pm

PonySnob wrote:Why is SMU always hell bent on ruining something that works?

I know you're referring to the boulevard, but the problem is students going to games, which has not been working. This could've been prevented if students you know...actually went to games. So I don't feel bad for the students moving. At least something's being done to help. The walk from where the students were to the stadium was the longest from the boulevard. If even 5-10 extra students go to the game that otherwise were too lazy to walk over, it's worth it. Again, this could've all been prevented if students actually went to the games.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:22 pm

I suspect rather than gaining 5-10 kids we will lose the entire section of 20 because the scene won’t be fun and they won’t bother coming at all. I could see the Greeks doing an off campus boulevard and that way they can pick their venue.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Lets make this more of a circus and just put the fraternity tents inside the stadium concourse. That should fix attendance, right Hart?

FIRE HART.
Pony ^

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 pm

If it ain't broke, fix it - SMU
Pony ^

Postby smupony94 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Lets make this more of a circus and just put the fraternity tents inside the stadium concourse. That should fix attendance, right Hart?

FIRE HART.

You will be saddened to know that football staff had quite a big say in this matter.
smupony94

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 pm

i can't see the students catching fire and getting excited about attending football games at SMU....with that said is there anyway we can make it "painful" to not attend games? Like "you can attend a class all semester or attend any 5 home football games and get the same credit"? Would that be legal to offer as an option?
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Doesn't this mean that when the team does their walk to the stadium they will actually pass by their fellow students who will at least have an opportunity to wish them well...even if most have no intention of going in to watch the game?
Charleston Pony

Postby edwa » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:53 am

pretty sure IFC is gonna boycott this which means, massive loss in revenue for their tent rent, they instead get an off campus venue, which means the students who are on campus who are freshman, a girl or are currently in a frat will leave campus, and the students who live on campus wont want to go to campus because theres no IFC tents.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:31 am

So students won’t go to the games they already don’t go to? What a loss.

Isn’t this type of thing something people [deleted] and moan about every year about this time?
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:05 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:i can't see the students catching fire and getting excited about attending football games at SMU....with that said is there anyway we can make it "painful" to not attend games? Like "you can attend a class all semester or attend any 5 home football games and get the same credit"? Would that be legal to offer as an option?

Only at UNC.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:52 am

03Mustang wrote:So students won’t go to the games they already don’t go to? What a loss.

Isn’t this type of thing something people [deleted] and moan about every year about this time?

I fully accept they won’t go either way. I just don’t want them to ruin the one thing that we actually do well: Boulevarding.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football