PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring Training

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Spring Training

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm

After reading the DMN series on Football, position by position, we seem to be in pretty good shape for next year. Weakest positions predicted are OL and CB, of course Spring will tell us more. (where is McQueen?) The Home schedule is winnable, but toughest games are Away. Temple and North Texas will pose a challenge at home. Hopefully, Buechele and Brown will step up and we prevail. Games at North Texas and Tulsa last year were embarrassing. No more of that, thank you! Of course, I start the new year full of optimism and trust in Dykes, Kane, Lashlee. Thoughts?
AusTxPony
Heisman
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Austin, Tx, USA

Re: Spring Training

Postby smitty329 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

When did we get a baseball team?
smitty329
Varsity
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: McKinney, TX

Re: Spring Training

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 am

I've heard rumors of career ending injury for McQueen, unfortunately. I thought he had great potential.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: Spring Training

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:20 am

AusTxPony wrote:After reading the DMN series on Football, position by position, we seem to be in pretty good shape for next year. Weakest positions predicted are OL and CB, of course Spring will tell us more. (where is McQueen?) The Home schedule is winnable, but toughest games are Away. Temple and North Texas will pose a challenge at home. Hopefully, Buechele and Brown will step up and we prevail. Games at North Texas and Tulsa last year were embarrassing. No more of that, thank you! Of course, I start the new year full of optimism and trust in Dykes, Kane, Lashlee. Thoughts?


I have no optimism nor trust in Lashlee. Hopefully he changes my mind (and everyone else) next year.
#MoodySadness #SaveMoody #FireJank
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Spring Training

Postby AusTxPony » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am

I'm just glad that Buechele, and Starkel for that matter, disagreed with your assessment of Lashlee.
AusTxPony
Heisman
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Austin, Tx, USA

Re: Spring Training

Postby PoconoPony » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:34 pm

AusTxPony wrote:I'm just glad that Buechele, and Starkel for that matter, disagreed with your assessment of Lashlee.


Lashlee has much to prove with some terrible play calling last season. Too many red zone calls that made no sense for the down, terrible personnel packages, lack of creativity ( proper scouting ) and essentially telegraphing conservative play calls. His poor play calling in general was only mitigated with a few instances of great calls most of which were outside the red zone.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania

Re: Spring Training

Postby JasonB » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:52 am

Let's give him a good o-line and accurate QB before we completely judge Lashlee. Jimmies and Joes before criticizing the x's and o's.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: Spring Training

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 pm

JasonB wrote:Let's give him a good o-line and accurate QB before we completely judge Lashlee. Jimmies and Joes before criticizing the x's and o's.


That's fair. He does deserve another year to make progress (not absolute success required by any means). Like Pocono and I said, this year was just unpleasant mixed with a few decent calls.
#MoodySadness #SaveMoody #FireJank
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Spring Training

Postby ozfan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 pm

smitty329 wrote:When did we get a baseball team?

When we drop basketball. :)
Sent from my KOREAN knockoff using Tapdance 5
ozfan
All-American
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Spring Training

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 pm

ozfan wrote:
smitty329 wrote:When did we get a baseball team?

When we drop basketball. :)


Excellent. Seriously, we just need to do what sports we have better. I see considerable potential for many of our sports with excellent coach hires; however, we still need to shake things up in some and get them back to the top. The cost of a scholarship is the same for a top performer or a third tier kid.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania


Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests