PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Worst Home Schedule Ever?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Worst Home Schedule Ever?

Postby Dukie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am

WordUpBU wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
BaylorHistory wrote:Sooooo back to annual home/home with us right? The Mercedes-Benz[REGISTERED SIGN] Dad's Credit Card trophy of Baylor/TCU/SMU 3-way needs to happen. It's like the CIC trophy only better.

Would love to make Baylor and TCU home/home (alternating so we always get one of you at Ford) a permanent part of SMU's schedule

As a BU fan we’ve got less noncon flexibility if we want to play a P5 and ensure 6 home games by grabbing an FCS money game annually so getting SMU game every year isn’t likely although I would enjoy it. 9 league games instead of 8 makes it tougher and I won’t for a second think any SMU alum or admin would accept a 2 for 1 deal from Ut or A&M much less us.

So from a BU perspective I’d love to see SMU frequently rotating in one of our three spots with a rotating P5 too.

Personally getting one of SMU/Rice/Tulane or another good fit non-P5 team on the road, one at home, and syncing our home P5 noncon games to years when we get only 4 home dates in the Big 12 is a great setup for us IMO. Big fan of SMU when we aren’t immediately playing you. Tons of history with SMU/Rice while Tulane is a former SEC name, great private school, and a fun road trip with recruiting upside. Besides it’s an easy road trip too and both have some fun tailgates and combined there’s around 80k BU/SMU alumni in Dallas so plenty of alum overlap.

I really enjoyed playing SMU every year except 2013 (where you guys backed out) from 2012-2016. Needs to happen more and I’m much more intrigued by playing you guys than UH.

Not that it really affects your points, but I'm pretty sure SMU played aTm two-for-one; if I recall correctly, the 66-8 shellacking in College Station the week after SMU upset TCU was part of that.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby b_caesar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:27 am

It's such a great schedule, it hasn't even been updated on this website's homepage... :roll:
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
WordUpBU wrote:9 league games instead of 8 makes it tougher

But at least you have a true champion!

Brutal....but very funny.

That is "ONE true champion"...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81