PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Ponies open as a small favorite, but we know the SMU obsessed nTs folks, would do absolutely anything to beat "SMUT" as they like to refer to us.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby SmooBoy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 pm

This is their super bowl and the greenie Dentonites will be stoked. Fine is a really nice QB that can extend plays. I see a high scoring, no D kinda game.

45-41 Ponies
User avatar
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5347
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Justin, Tx

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby peruna81 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:46 pm

we win...

44-31
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:01 am
Location: central Texas

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby BIGHORSE » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:11 am

Mustangs 44


Buzzards 28
User avatar
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:49 pm

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am

SmooBoy wrote:This is their super bowl and the greenie Dentonites will be stoked. Fine is a really nice QB that can extend plays. I see a high scoring, no D kinda game.

45-41 Ponies


LOL, I saw what you did there
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
User avatar
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:01 am
Location: The Colony, TX

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:07 am

Honest question - Is there any position on the field where they better? Some o line? Corner? I wouldn’t trade qb’s.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby mustangxc » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:10 am

SMU 58 UNT 52
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:11 am

Vegas would predict SMU 36-32

I think we score more, I'll say 40-32
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
User avatar
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:01 am
Location: The Colony, TX

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby ojaipony » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:32 am

Revenge game!

Shoulda beat Arky St 44-23 at least (score the 2 TDs that got dropped and don't give up the INT, even more if we convert TDs in red zone instead of field goals - a team/culture more used to winning, does that ... as Sonny said it's a step, many many many more to go to get to that championship level, but a step).

Anyway, yeah back to NTSU. Revenge game indeed. We should EMBARRASS them!

My heart says SMU 55-21. My mind says SMU 45-42.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8135
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby Nacho » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am

SMU wins. Unt defense is just terrible. Really really bad. They have zero chance against us. SMU could pile up big numbers say around 50. Unt stumbles and bumbles to about 25.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby PonySnob » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 am

Sums it up nicely:
Image
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11054
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby skyscraper » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 pm

SMU 45
UNT 31
Image
User avatar
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:00 am

gostangs wrote:Honest question - Is there any position on the field where they better? Some o line? Corner? I wouldn’t trade qb’s.


I would put us at even at QB, RB, CB. They have an advantage at Safety.

If our OL can win and force them to commit extra players in the box, we are going to move the ball really well. But the OL needs to win. They have players who can really run on the backend, and if you let them just clog the secondary with players it will be a bit of a challenge.

We need the DL to win as well. Pressure on Fine and some negative plays is critical for us getting stops in this game. Losing Denbow changed the gameplan significantly on defense last week, because after that, there were a couple of blown coverages at safety and I think that is part of the reason why 5 started playing deep of his man.

SMU *should* win both of those matchups (OL and DL), but we will see. It certainly wasn't the case last year.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby PonySnob » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:12 am

SMU 45
UNT 34

Shane with 3-4 TD passes this week
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11054
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU- north Texas state Predictions

Postby leopold » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:55 am

JasonB wrote:
gostangs wrote:Honest question - Is there any position on the field where they better? Some o line? Corner? I wouldn’t trade qb’s.


I would put us at even at QB, RB, CB. They have an advantage at Safety.

If our OL can win and force them to commit extra players in the box, we are going to move the ball really well. But the OL needs to win. They have players who can really run on the backend, and if you let them just clog the secondary with players it will be a bit of a challenge.

We need the DL to win as well. Pressure on Fine and some negative plays is critical for us getting stops in this game. Losing Denbow changed the gameplan significantly on defense last week, because after that, there were a couple of blown coverages at safety and I think that is part of the reason why 5 started playing deep of his man.

SMU *should* win both of those matchups (OL and DL), but we will see. It certainly wasn't the case last year.


Everything he just said.

Mason Fine may just be the best QB in Texas right now, and I've got no problem saying that - the kid has earned being in the discussion. Their receivers, both individually and collectively, are excellent and their OLine and RB's may be the best in their conference and better than ours.

It's the defense that is questionable and where I hope we can exploit them. ACU managed to score on them due to simple first game mistakes but there also may be large holes at LB and in the secondary. Their Dline isn't spectacular, either.

But yeah, they definitely have some talent on the field, and not just at QB.
"This year is next year for that roster." - Anonymous AAC Coach.
User avatar
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Next

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests