PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Halftime observations

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Halftime observations

Postby leopold » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:54 pm

- Are our DB's coming around?

Let's get something straight: UNT's receivers are legit and they aren't doing SQUAT. Is it the simple fact that our Dline has owned their Oline? Allowing us to beat their WR's with numbers is possible, but the bottom line is that we are shutting them down. So are we making progress?

- Buechele, again, is as advertised. I see no major mistakes, and the ability to manage the game, i.e. strengthening our advantages while mitigating our mistakes. Sonny earned his paycheck with that pickup alone.

- UNT has a QB and NOTHING else. Their WR's can't get open and their Dline is getting owned.

- Granson is a gift. Buechele seems to LOVE him and the kid can catch and run. Fantastic pickup.

- Not crazy about the helmets. I understand it's a way to help ingratiate us to Dallas, but not crazy about it. Hopefully we don't see them again.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Halftime observations

Postby soccermom » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:01 pm

I like the helmets better than our jerseys. If we win, I’m able to look beyond the uniforms.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:06 pm

UNT is running all over this defense
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:17 am

Denbow going out of the game early last week and having frosh playing a lot at safety forced us to play our corners off last week. This week, I am guessing with more depth at safety, we allowed corners to play a lot more aggressive and man up.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football