PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We Looked Great Tonight

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We Looked Great Tonight

Postby leopold » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 pm

It's one thing to beat UNT, it's another to COMPLETELY shut down Mason Fine. That kid has shown his worth, and I respect him. And we made him a non-factor tonight.

Him, and his buddy Rico Bussey. Those kids have scored all over us, ArkanSas, and a few others, and they may well do that do Cal and a couple more. THEY DID NOTHING TONIGHT. I want to know why? Any suggestions?

I'm real impressed with the Rice transfers. Complete DITR transfers who have shown they are here to play. Every time I look up I hear Gransons name. Either the coaches or Buechele seem to favor him, maybe both, and he's a player. The defensive tackle (I can't remember his name because I'm drunk) also showed up an couple times tonight - impact on our depth.

Robledo needs help. From what I can tell, the snapper/holder and blocking for his kicks is hurting his numbers. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I'm not. Kickers need a supporting cast, and his is lacking. GET THE SNAP DOWN RIGHT. BLOCK FOR HIM. SPECIAL TEAMS MATTER.

We can reasonably expect to be 3-0 going into TCU with a decent chance to beat them. When was that last time we could say that? Here's hoping the frogs can't find a QB.

I'm ecstatic at this point. ASU and UNT are possibly the front runners to win their conferences, and have played a role for us that is necessary - give us two wins upfront while challenging us and allowing us to develop. Even the announcers stated that we have an enormous upside. Next year is looking VERY promising, barring injury.

HUZZAH!! DRINKS ON ME BOYS!
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: We Looked Great Tonight

Postby ponyboy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Agreed, leo. Very encouraging
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football