PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OK, Stat Geeks...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby Maryland78 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 am

Who knows what the best rushing "debut" in SMU history is? TJ's must have been in Top 5?!
Maryland78
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:03 pm

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby Nacho » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:11 am

SMU has the offense to hang with tcu. Not entirely sold on our secondary. FGs and pats are a major concern in a close game it will be close. Very close. I can't be impartial in this one so I say, SMU 31 tcu 30. No wagering please I had it SMU 39 and TSU 20. But SMU was doing everything they could to not score that final td but they anyway did making it 47-17.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5993
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 am

Nacho wrote:But SMU was doing everything they could to not score that final td but they anyway did making it 47-17.

Let me start by saying I firmly believe when the 3rd team gets to play they should go full speed at all times for both their sake and ours down the line.

That said, how many of us would have been screaming if the situation was reversed and our opponent had not taken a knee twice at games end rather than running for the last score?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
User avatar
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 31166
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Sherwood,AR,USA

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:41 am

mrydel wrote:That said, how many of us would have been screaming if the situation was reversed and our opponent had not taken a knee twice at games end rather than running for the last score?

Thankfully, we haven't been in that situation very often over the past few decades.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15340
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby docabel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 am

As the radio announcers commented. How many times do you think this lineup of freshman has practiced the victory formation together??

Remember the last time we tried to do a victory formation at uconn the last game of the year just before hccm came. Don't want to be featured on SportsCenter again for that...
docabel
Heisman
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby ponyboy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Maryland78 wrote:Who knows what the best rushing "debut" in SMU history is? TJ's must have been in Top 5?!

As PonyPride says in his game recap:
T.J. McDaniel was 8-159 rushing with 3 TDs in his first game. First person with 150+ rushing yards and 3+ rushing TDs in his SMU debut.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12513
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby Dukie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:50 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
mrydel wrote:That said, how many of us would have been screaming if the situation was reversed and our opponent had not taken a knee twice at games end rather than running for the last score?

Thankfully, we haven't been in that situation very often over the past few decades.


Um, a lot. Did you reverse the scenarios in your head?
Dukie
All-American
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby ponyboy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Am I the only one seeing the original point of this thread?
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12513
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby PK » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:22 pm

ponyboy wrote:
Maryland78 wrote:Who knows what the best rushing "debut" in SMU history is? TJ's must have been in Top 5?!

As PonyPride says in his game recap:
T.J. McDaniel was 8-159 rushing with 3 TDs in his first game. First person with 150+ rushing yards and 3+ rushing TDs in his SMU debut.

If your reading comprehension is not too impaired, not only is TJ in the top 5, he is number 1 and has started a new stat point for future comparisons. 8)
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
User avatar
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8645
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Dallas, Texas 75206

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby dalpony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 pm

PonyPride answered the question in his game notes - first player to rush for 150+ yards and 3 TDS in his initial game - 3rd player to have 150+ yards and 3 TDS in his first year
dalpony
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm

dalpony wrote:PonyPride answered the question in his game notes - first player to rush for 150+ yards and 3 TDS in his initial game - 3rd player to have 150+ yards and 3 TDS in his first year

But is it first player with 150+ yards in his first game and first player with 3TDs in his first game?

Or first player to have both 150+ yards and 3TDs in his first game?
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15340
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby dalpony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 pm

PonyPride stated the latter but did not address the former
dalpony
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby dalpony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 pm

PonyPride stated the latter but did not address the former
dalpony
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

Re: OK, Stat Geeks...

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Technically ShanDerrick Charles had 1 carry for no yards in his first game, but took over as the lead back in his second and had 243 and 1 TD. Then he had 212 and 4 TDs in the game after that.
User avatar
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4029
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:01 am
Location: Ford Stadium, as often as possible


Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests