PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU vs Tulsa game thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU vs Tulsa game thread

Postby ponyte » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:35 am

Tulsa probably played their best game of the season. They played hard, improved dramatically on the O line and executed a well thought out game plan. Hats off to Tulsa.

One can expect this for the remainder of the season
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 am

ponyte wrote:Tulsa probably played their best game of the season. They played hard, improved dramatically on the O line and executed a well thought out game plan. Hats off to Tulsa.

One can expect this for the remainder of the season

That's a pretty good Tulsa team that has played a really tough schedule. They may have the toughest schedule of anyone in the AAC, especially considering who they play home and away
Charleston Pony

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Nice write up and Bloom!
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:29 pm

First time in recent memory where I stayed calm during the entire game and did not get continually up set. For some reason I had some confidence that we finally have the offense and players to strike quickly and often. Hence, the ability to overcome a large deficit. My only problem continues with Lashlee's play calling in the red zone. Yes, he found the creative 4th down plays to score, but if we did not try 7 straight hand offs up the middle from inside the 5 yard line we might not need the luck and creativity.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:43 pm

PoconoPony wrote:First time in recent memory where I stayed calm during the entire game and did not get continually up set. For some reason I had some confidence that we finally have the offense and players to strike quickly and often. Hence, the ability to overcome a large deficit. My only problem continues with Lashlee's play calling in the red zone. Yes, he found the creative 4th down plays to score, but if we did not try 7 straight hand offs up the middle from inside the 5 yard line we might not need the luck and creativity.

Same here. I was fairly calm. Frustrated but waiting for the dam to break. I think a big part of the game plan was to wear that defensive line down. Tulsa is huge but not deep. They kicked our butts until they ran out of gas. Our defensive depth eventually caught up with them too.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Pony81 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Does anybody have a link to the post game press conference?
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football