PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Former Pony Express stars excited by SMU's success, but feel

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Former Pony Express stars excited by SMU's success, but

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:15 am

ponyboy wrote: I despise the crybaby comments.

Whiners.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am

I get it. There's such a thing as whining, yes. I'm just suggesting that at the end of the day we don't have all the facts. It sounds from the article like there was an embarrassing situation for Armstrong and that Eric and Craig just had his back on that. But I don't know. I'm just suggesting that Ramon or someone ensure that Harvey's ok. Maybe make amends somehow. That's all. We don't want to burn any bridges -- we can't afford it and it's just the right thing to do to ensure all is well.

By the way, one of the coolest things I ever did was attend Harvey Armstrong's bday party and sit and listen to Meyer and Endicott trade stories. Boy, was I the third wheel in that conversation.
ponyboy

Postby smitty329 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:19 pm

ponyboy wrote:I despise the crybaby comments. Like it or not, former players are in a sense customers, who by definition are always right. You make them happy. Yes, within reason, but you make them happy. If they go public saying that they're not treated right -- reach out and MAKE it right.

This is how riots start. In your scenario every customer would develop unrealistic expectations, expect to be treated better, and go public. Escalation. Rioting.

Getting field access to a home game for a letter winner is a no-brainer (and I believe the administration makes that happen). Getting access for you, your brother Darryl, your other brother Darryl, and brother-in-law Darryl is a stretch unless you have your name on the stadium, field, practice facility or some other major gift (that's above letter winner only cred). Calling multiple parties within the university to get you and the Darryl's field access to an away game is a long shot. Sorry he felt slighted. Sorry for his expectations.
smitty329
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Someone forgot to tell Reggie Image
RGV Pony

Postby CJPONY16 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Or... hear me out... Reggie actually cares about SMU and isn't just looking for an A** kissing. Im sure the others "care" in their own way, but when do they ever show up when there's nothing for them to gain? At least with Dickerson and James. Harvey sounds like a typical SMU screw up. Ramon should call and offer him four passes to a HOME game. See if he cares enough to come.
CJPONY16
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Anybody else want to throw out some "facts" they've pulled out of their butts so they can show enormous disrespect to the guys who destroyed their bodies to play for this school? Wow
ponyboy

Postby peruna81 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm

ponyboy wrote:Anybody else want to throw out some "facts" they've pulled out of their butts so they can show enormous disrespect to the guys who destroyed their bodies to play for this school? Wow

Aye, this.

There was at one time an effort to distance the restart of the football team from players of that era...Pye is gone.

ED apparently helped to some extent in landing JJ here...He and James both showed up at the Frisco Fiasco...there is (and should be) a place for any Mustang player from ANY era.

It was one of the highlights of my time at SMU, and I hope to see that type of excitement again.

BTW, ponyboy..check your PM
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Responded.
ponyboy

Previous

Return to Football