PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Welcome the Pony Express!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby jpe747 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:17 pm

I read that members of the Pony Express do not feel welcome to come to games and show their support for SMU football. The article I saw centered abound Dickerson, James and Armstrong. I for one have to say these guys brought more joy to my football life than anything outside of my personal play. They were not at fault for what happened and they should feel welcomed by any school authority and particularly by the athletic department. Dickerson was kind enough to pose for a picture with me right outside of the stadium when JJ was the coach. I don't know if something from the administration has made him feel unwanted. But, I stand for ANY players that wish to support and be part of the SMU revival. COME HOME GENTLEMEN and join me with a joyful cry of PONY UP! Love you guys! All of you! COME HOME!
User avatar
jpe747
Heisman
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby peruna81 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 pm

jpe747 wrote:I read that members of the Pony Express do not feel welcome to come to games and show their support for SMU football. The article I saw centered abound Dickerson, James and Armstrong. I for one have to say these guys brought more joy to my football life than anything outside of my personal play. They were not at fault for what happened and they should feel welcomed by any school authority and particularly by the athletic department. Dickerson was kind enough to pose for a picture with me right outside of the stadium when JJ was the coach. I don't know if something from the administration has made him feel unwanted. But, I stand for ANY players that wish to support and be part of the SMU revival. COME HOME GENTLEMEN and join me with a joyful cry of PONY UP! Love you guys! All of you! COME HOME!

Amen and AMEN...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:01 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 pm

personally i think some of this is really about pride in the program and will take care of itself

sure some former players may have felt slighted in the past

but a couple of those teams have already been honored

ED bobble-heads are cool

Ramon was hired to help this issue

but I really think most of these former players stayed away claiming they were not welcome, but it really was about them kind of being ashamed of the inexcusable track record SMU football had for 25 years

I think these former players will come back in droves if we keep winning

they weren't overly excited to come back and watch us get our arse kicked by Rice and James Madison!

winning helps cure almost everything...and it will help cure this too!
C-ya @ Milos!
User avatar
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:36 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby malonish » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 pm

jpe747 wrote:I read that members of the Pony Express do not feel welcome to come to games and show their support for SMU football. The article I saw centered abound Dickerson, James and Armstrong. I for one have to say these guys brought more joy to my football life than anything outside of my personal play. They were not at fault for what happened and they should feel welcomed by any school authority and particularly by the athletic department. Dickerson was kind enough to pose for a picture with me right outside of the stadium when JJ was the coach. I don't know if something from the administration has made him feel unwanted. But, I stand for ANY players that wish to support and be part of the SMU revival. COME HOME GENTLEMEN and join me with a joyful cry of PONY UP! Love you guys! All of you! COME HOME!


viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87653&start=15#p1312016
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby Vitale » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:07 pm

They're always welcome on the Boulevard and at games. Come on home.
User avatar
Vitale
All-American
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby Junior » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:38 pm

The only problem I have is saying they were not at fault at all. Are you saying you 100% believe none received illegal benefits? I know it hasn’t been shown that they have, but c’mon...
Derail the Frogs!
User avatar
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby soccermom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:58 pm

We never would have been dealt the DP if we hadn’t beaten UT, A&M , and others in the SWC, at the game they controlled ($$$$$).
User avatar
soccermom
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:48 am
Location: League City, Tx

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby SMU89 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:52 pm

ED and others.....greatness.

No issues taking time for a photo with this former Pony (RIP) who blocked for Doake and also served in the Navy. Taken at the SMU v Navy game

Meant a lot to him and his family. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 am

SMU89 wrote:ED and others.....greatness.

No issues taking time for a photo with this former Pony (RIP) who blocked for Doake and also served in the Navy. Taken at the SMU v Navy game

Meant a lot to him and his family. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Love it
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby ponyte » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:04 am

Junior wrote:The only problem I have is saying they were not at fault at all. Are you saying you 100% believe none received illegal benefits? I know it hasn’t been shown that they have, but c’mon...


Dont' speak for anyone but me. Absolutely! Not a single one took anything illegal.

It wasn't until a few years ago Texas, and only Texas, made paying college athletes a crime. As far as I know, the law has never been used.

Did some violate NCAA rules? According to the NCAA yes. And SMU paid the price for those rules violation.

An example of paying someone for a good or service they provide being illegal is prostitution. And even that, if the prostitute allows the act to be film, changes from prostitution to pornography. Pornography becomes legal as it is art and the expression of free speech protected by the first amendment according to the Supreme Court.

I only wish we had found a way, like prostitutes, to turn a violation into a constitutionally protected act.

:shock: :wink: :o
User avatar
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10819
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Nw Orleans, LA region

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby BUS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am

WOW, never thought about it like that.

But the point I want to make is this... To me this is the type of writing you get when you start getting good. I think this was to get attention for the author and to distract not just the team but coaches and fans. To that - what a success.

As far as old players - They will come home when they want to and will be loved and hugged, fed and handed a beverage. Come on, it's SMU.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: Richardson, Tx usa

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby Nacho » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am

Will volunteer to pay for season ticket for any ex-player if they will sit by me and listen to my great footba insights.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby HubbaHubba » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:53 am

Nacho wrote:Will volunteer to pay for season ticket for any ex-player if they will sit by me and listen to my great footba insights.


From reading your previous posts I concur you are a footba expert.
User avatar
HubbaHubba
Varsity
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 am

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:12 am

Craig James killed 7 of them
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Welcome the Pony Express!

Postby BUS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:20 am

OMG - OTP
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: Richardson, Tx usa

Next

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests