PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL SMU- Memphis Predictions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL SMU- Memphis Predictions

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:07 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
SMU Pom Mom wrote:I think people are underestimating the effect of the short week. You could see it mentally as well as physically. If you are feeling pessimistic, go back and look at some Temple highlights to see what a rested team can do.

Reggie Roberson had 250 yards in that game, going deep all over the place....he will be watching, just like the rest of us.

Take out that 250 and SMU still had more yards than Temple.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:44 pm

The line has Memphis favored by 3 points which makes perfect sense. It's their homecoming as well and constant posts about Gameday being there. Memphis has all the weapons to make this a very very hostile environment.

I'm still sticking with my unbiased and biased scores. I expect the line to expand as it nears to around 5-6 points.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:10 pm

My head says Memphis 31-27.
But this team is different than previous versions of Mustang football. It has a 1966 feel to it.

This is our Baylor game from that year.

24-22, Ponies
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Memphis 38, SMU 24. But we still stay in top 25.

The undefeated cinderella story ends but we still get to 10 wins for the year (beating ECU and one of Navy or Tulane and, most importantly, our bowl game).

Special special season to build on going into next year.

Memphis is our Detroit Pistons to the Chicago Bulls. We have a mental block but we will eventually break through and when we do, 'turn off the lights/the party's over'. Just not this year. Soon though, very soon.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 am

ojaipony wrote:Memphis 38, SMU 24. But we still stay in top 25.

The undefeated cinderella story ends but we still get to 10 wins for the year (beating ECU and one of Navy or Tulane and, most importantly, our bowl game).

Memphis is our Detroit Pistons to the Chicago Bulls. We have a mental block but we will eventually break through and when we do, 'turn off the lights/the party's over'. Just not this year. Soon though, very soon.

Remember, Nate said 13-1, so I’m going with that. Though let’s assume we do lose at Memphis, and they win out. 12-1, 11-2, or 10-3, would be a year beyond anything SMU fans expected. I would be slightly disappointed with a 9-4 finish after the great start (even though I would have taken it at the beginning of the year).
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 am

The good thing is going into this game conversely the Houston game wont be like "Oh wow they're overrated". We should be able to come home BTHO the pirates for homecoming. Go into the bye week and prepare for navy's offense and hopefully win that game and then come home and beat a 4 or 5 loss tulane team to go 11-1. I'm still hoping Cincy beats Memphis at the end and gets us in the AAC championship.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:22 am

We follow our recent trend of dominance after a tough win (think unt, USF and Temple).

Mustangs of Destiny 45
Trite Tigers 17
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:49 am

My gut says our kicker dooms us when we need him the most...but we are going to score a bunch of points
Pony ^

Postby SMU#92 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:37 am

PNW_Stang wrote:
ojaipony wrote:Memphis 38, SMU 24. But we still stay in top 25.

Remember, Nate said 13-1, so I’m going with that. Though let’s assume we do lose at Memphis, and they win out. 12-1, 11-2, or 10-3, would be a year beyond anything SMU fans expected. I would be slightly disappointed with a 9-4 finish after the great start (even though I would have taken it at the beginning of the year).

Isn't it funny how our perspectives and expectations change?!
SMU#92
Scout Team

Postby SMU#92 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:37 am

HubbaHubba wrote:We follow our recent trend of dominance after a tough win (think unt, USF and Temple).

Mustangs of Destiny 45
Trite Tigers 17

I like the way you think.
SMU#92
Scout Team

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:25 am

"I had a dream, a wonderful dream" last night that Robledo won the game late just like Temple didn't. A field goal with no time left. And all the talk about the special teams stopped. SMU 34 - MEMPHIS 31.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLaw90 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:48 am

AusTxPony wrote:"I had a dream, a wonderful dream" last night that Robledo won the game late just like Temple didn't. A field goal with no time left. And all the talk about the special teams stopped. SMU 34 - MEMPHIS 31.

I had the same dream!
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby SMU89 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Ill take the Ponies, conditioned to playing in the heat, with rest, depth, and cool weather.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SMU89

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Roberson injury is pretty tough for us b/c Memphis can score in bunches. We need to be score in the 40's to win the game.

Everything is telling me that we lose this one. Key injury to an explosive offensive player. Road game. Night game. National TV. GameDay.

But this team has answered the bell at every turn this year. Not betting against them now.

SMU 44
Memphis 39
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby crazy horse » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:15 pm

The way this team fought back against Tulsa, down 21 in the 4th, through 3 OTs and WON! That takes character. This is a very special group of men, led by a very good staff. I like them against anybody.

SMU 42
Memphis 28
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football