PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other Games

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Other Games

Postby PonySnob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Fooball wrote:
PonySnob wrote:Last time we had a better win-loss record than TCU?

Before that, 1997. When they beat us in Ft Worth for their only win and tore down the goal posts. And kept us out of a bowl. And started their rapid upward trajectory while we remained mired in mediocrity (at best).

Forgot that they had a down year in 2013
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Boise beats Wyoming in OT and App State beat South Carolina...the AAC's main G5 competitors for a money bowl game.
Charleston Pony

Postby Dukie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Boise beats Wyoming in OT and App State beat South Carolina...the AAC's main G5 competitors for a money bowl game.

At least no style points for Boise, either.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 am

Boise could easily win out but I think any of our 4 teams (SMU, Memphis, Cincy or Navy) that wins out would finish with a higher ranking. Navy has a great opportunity this week with Notre Dame and Cincy's 42-0 loss to Ohio State doesn't hurt them nearly as much as I thought it would at the time.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Boise could easily win out but I think any of our 4 teams (SMU, Memphis, Cincy or Navy) that wins out would finish with a higher ranking. Navy has a great opportunity this week with Notre Dame and Cincy's 42-0 loss to Ohio State doesn't hurt them nearly as much as I thought it would at the time.

I would be shocked if either Boise or App St. make it over.

Boise has no real wins and a bad loss to 5-4 BYU which at the time of loss was 2-4. Unless the best AAC team has 2 losses, I don't see them as a real contender. I also think they lose to SDSU in the championship.

App St. loss to Georgia Southern should seal the deal. They needed to stay perfect to have a shot. I think they will end up ranked at the end somewhere in the 20-25 zone. The best G5 team will be somewhere between 8-15 unless a huge disaster happens.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Section F » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Boise could easily win out but I think any of our 4 teams (SMU, Memphis, Cincy or Navy) that wins out would finish with a higher ranking. Navy has a great opportunity this week with Notre Dame and Cincy's 42-0 loss to Ohio State doesn't hurt them nearly as much as I thought it would at the time.

I would be shocked if either Boise or App St. make it over.

Boise has no real wins and a bad loss to 5-4 BYU which at the time of loss was 2-4. Unless the best AAC team has 2 losses, I don't see them as a real contender. I also think they lose to SDSU in the championship.

App St. loss to Georgia Southern should seal the deal. They needed to stay perfect to have a shot. I think they will end up ranked at the end somewhere in the 20-25 zone. The best G5 team will be somewhere between 8-15 unless a huge disaster happens.

I think 2 losses will sink any team currently in contention - except maybe Cincinnati. The only way Boise State sneaks in is if they win out and the AAC champion has 2 losses - but still not guaranteed. Appalachian State doesn't have a chance, outside of some real chaos happening.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football