PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: ECU ATTENDANCE

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: ECU ATTENDANCE

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:01 am

Vivid seats still show quite a bit in north and east sides (not surprising) and they generally have the lowest ticket supply. Ticketmaster has solid east and north sections and even the home side completely has availability (obviously in light blue).

Pray that we have higher than normal walk up ticket sales.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:07 am

ponywhupp9202 wrote:This will be the first home game I've missed this season, but I'll be in the desert taking in the ASU-USC game this weekend. Go Mustangs!!!

Well, since you are bailing on the Mustangs, can you at least give your tickets to someone that will show up?
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKris89 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Vivid seats still show quite a bit in north and east sides (not surprising) and they generally have the lowest ticket supply. Ticketmaster has solid east and north sections and even the home side completely has availability (obviously in light blue).

I am counting around 2,000 seats available on Ticketmaster. Seems to have sold very well.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Vivid seats still show quite a bit in north and east sides (not surprising) and they generally have the lowest ticket supply. Ticketmaster has solid east and north sections and even the home side completely has availability (obviously in light blue).

I am counting around 2,000 seats available on Ticketmaster. Seems to have sold very well.

Did you manually count it by section? I can't find an overall counter. Also we would have to add in Vivid and tickets that are being held by the school. If your number is right, say Vivid is about the same at around 4k open seats total and then ticket office is probably holding another 2k then we are probably looking at 25-26k tickets sold. Even though sold not everyone will show up, which will probably get us around 23-24k actual butts in seats. Fair?
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby soccermom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:42 pm

Gee, I’m glad we didn’t try having a really good incentive to see if it would’ve resulted in a few more in attendance. Empty seats must be so much better than selling them cheap.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BIGHORSE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Ricky Hart should sell tickets for $10 each, if he is asking $20 a ticket to

the average Joe who has never been to a Mustang game, and he brings his family, it

will cost him $200 by the time he gets tickets, food, and drinks, and figures

out where to park, to the average Joe, it just isn't worth it.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby chpalmer24 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Anyone need an extra two tickets? Front row 107. PM me your email and I’ll transfer them to you.

Edit: Tickets spoken for. Pony Up!
Last edited by chpalmer24 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chpalmer24
Recruit

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm

BIGHORSE wrote:Ricky Hart should sell tickets for $10 each, if he is asking $20 a ticket to

the average Joe who has never been to a Mustang game, and he brings his family, it

will cost him $200 by the time he gets tickets, food, and drinks, and figures

out where to park, to the average Joe, it just isn't worth it.

It's sad that we are in such a bad state where college high school games (at least 6a) cost more than our school's games. Pretty sure I remember S-lake games were like $20 bucks a pop. We are also well below average college football tickets. However, you are correct, the average Joe is not going to pony up that amount. We really should keep it at $20 buck a ticket but have a buy 2(3 or 4) get 1 free to encourage volume.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKris89 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
PonyKris89 wrote:

Did you manually count it by section? I can't find an overall counter. Also we would have to add in Vivid and tickets that are being held by the school. If your number is right, say Vivid is about the same at around 4k open seats total and then ticket office is probably holding another 2k then we are probably looking at 25-26k tickets sold. Even though sold not everyone will show up, which will probably get us around 23-24k actual butts in seats. Fair?

I just counted them up on Ticketmaster. I didnt know SMU kept separate tickets, or do they?
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am

I would assume so as they have ticket office to sell. Maybe someone more intimate to it could share but I think the business model is SMU does a consignment with Vivid and ticketmaster and holds some for direct sales. Obviously the other tickets on TM and VS are season ticket holders not going to make it.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:42 am

The Ticketmaster site seating chart looks like a respectful amount of tickets have been spoken far...and this is against a team basically no casual fan has ever heard of. With that said there could be more walk-up ticket sales than usual because it's Homecoming and it appears this is by far the best weather of any SMU home game thus far this year. Probably 20K-24K today at least in the first half. Not bad playing a team with a 3-6 losing record that won't travel well.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 am

Blvd is hopping
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am

03Mustang wrote:Blvd is hopping

Great to hear! Even with the early morning!
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:19 pm

The AP poll shows SMU at 23 but the ESPN clicker shows 25 what am I missing.
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm

?Image
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football