PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU power rankings................,

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU power rankings................,

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 am

I'm hoping he's a 5+ year coach for us. So much so that for the first time in my life I find myself wishing Texas Tech some level of success. Guns Up?
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:29 am

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The best thing that happens to SMU is Tech win the Big 12 the next 10-years in a row.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:34 am

PNW_Stang wrote:Did y’all not see the picture during the game of Dykes wearing an SMU shirt? SMU is his team, he wants to be here, and his wife and kids want to be in Highland Park. He has already coached a P5 school and it sounds like the family was miserable.

Though, SMU is dumb enough to not even offer a raise.

Obviously we can't see the contract but with Cal shouldering our success (while they flounder), I'm sure there's performance driven incentives. I'm sure Rick (CoC) will renegotiate his contract to add in additional incentives and then when Cal's contract ends then we will have the reserves to pay him and the coordinators. I still am nervous for Kane getting picked off. I'm hoping the yards and scores keeps those P5s looking elsewhere even though his defense was always put in a terrible position.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby AfricanMustang » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:02 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:There's no way Arkansas takes him. They have a significant debt with Chad and taking on Sonny with the risk that theyre taking another "SMU" product. I don't think Sonny would want the job anyways simply because his biggest marketing scheme of getting talent is "coming home". Hard to do that in the middle of nowhere Arkansas.

Per this article, they're still paying Bielema, so it would be paying three coaches - Bielema, Morris, and the new hire all at the same time...

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/ ... to-do.html
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:48 pm

They are holding the Beliema payments in an escrow account.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:44 pm

AfricanMustang wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:There's no way Arkansas takes him. They have a significant debt with Chad and taking on Sonny with the risk that theyre taking another "SMU" product. I don't think Sonny would want the job anyways simply because his biggest marketing scheme of getting talent is "coming home". Hard to do that in the middle of nowhere Arkansas.

Per this article, they're still paying Bielema, so it would be paying three coaches - Bielema, Morris, and the new hire all at the same time...

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/ ... to-do.html

Yikes... they're pretty locked up then. Ha!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football