PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ECU GAME THREAD

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ECU GAME THREAD

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Defense has to step it up when we play Navy. Theres no margin for error. Offense looked gel even without Roberson. Thank God for that special team recovery to get us two scores ahead to keep the win. I just dont get what happen on defense. I can understand against Memphis but ECU?

With Texas winning, I think they enter the 25 and I wonder if we possibly drop since style points matter.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HTXPonyUp » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Defense being as bad as they were concerns me a bit. Think UH gave out a blue print on how to beat the secondary. Fade routes and quick slants to speedsters are our kryptonite. Rustiness from some of the our injured key players (noticeably Amani Johnson) might be a factor too.

I’d say we’re 24 at worst and 22 at best tomorrow
HTXPonyUp
Scout Team

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Really glad we have an extra week to prepare for Navy.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 am

hope defense improves
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm

5 for 5 on 4th down conversions and every one of them critical. Our guys responded every time and never trailed in this one, but would be nice to not have to experience so much drama
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU#92 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:5 for 5 on 4th down conversions and every one of them critical. Our guys responded every time and never trailed in this one, but would be nice to not have to experience so much drama

We've been pretty clutch all year on 4th down. It's been a lot of fun to be able to watch these guys and have confidence that they are going to get it done in those situations. I was thinking about the ECU game on the drive home. Even with all of the points/offense given up by our defense, I never felt like the game was in jeopardy. We have officially entered the Twilight Zone.
SMU#92
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm

SMU#92 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:5 for 5 on 4th down conversions and every one of them critical. Our guys responded every time and never trailed in this one, but would be nice to not have to experience so much drama

We've been pretty clutch all year on 4th down. It's been a lot of fun to be able to watch these guys and have confidence that they are going to get it done in those situations. I was thinking about the ECU game on the drive home. Even with all of the points/offense given up by our defense, I never felt like the game was in jeopardy. We have officially entered the Twilight Zone.

I told the guys I was with that game was "never in doubt" (kiddingly, of course). We took the lead and never game it up. We answered every time they threatened. We just wanted drama to keep what was one of our best crowds of the year thoroughly entertained so they will come back for the Tulane game, which will be played at a time we typically have 10,000 fans at Ford.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU#92 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU#92 wrote:

I told the guys I was with that game was "never in doubt" (kiddingly, of course). We took the lead and never game it up. We answered every time they threatened. We just wanted drama to keep what was one of our best crowds of the year thoroughly entertained so they will come back for the Tulane game, which will be played at a time we typically have 10,000 fans at Ford.

We're hosting the big "family Thanksgiving" at our home this year, and I think we're going to make it a requirement that anyone who comes to our house on Thursday has to go to the game with us on Saturday! We're doing our part! :D
SMU#92
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 am

Granson was pretty special Saturday. Did not realize he's only a JR. With him back and James replacing Becker, looks like we are going to be pretty solid at TE next year . And what about the frosh kicker? Was he good, or what?
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football