PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Going to Anapolis

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Going to Anapolis

Postby 35straight » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 am

:(
35straight
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:16 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
78pony wrote:
leopold wrote:THERE YOU GO

Have you learned your lesson yet? Do not, ever, ever, go to Navy game unless you just want to see the academy.

Exactly, It's an expensive, time consuming gut punch every time . I have been there 3 times, I will never go back, unless we show evidence, that we can match their toughness mentally and physically. The 2nd half yesterday, proved that we cannot.
napolis

I have seen every Navy game at Annapolis for the past 20 years. This is the first game that I had some confidence that we had the offense to win and control the game. Alas, the offense was never really in sync. and I thought Lashlee had a very poor game with his calls. Seemed like he never figured out a rhythm and pattern for his calls and failed to make any half time adjustments. I have expressed my displeasure in the past with what I consider bad play calling in the red zone frequently this season, but credited him with very good calls out side the red zone. Yesterday, he simply had a bad day for the whole game and 4 or 5 times really handicapped the offense with poor first down calls based on the defense he was facing. Unfortunately, Bouchelle did not have a very good game to bail him out difficult situations. Exasperatingly frequent TV time outs that seemed to last forever also had an impact. I have attended many TV games and this was the worst I have ever experienced. Not sure how to define this matter, but suspect that CBS jams in more commercials into a game than other networks. Maybe someone can comment on this aspect. Bottom line is that our offense simply did not ever really get in rhythm hampered with only 4 minutes plus possession time in the first quarter and X man's fumble and we never got in the groove.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

There are plenty of ways to spread the reasons for the loss around. A few key plays, the refs etc. But I will question why, considering the off day Boosh had, Lashlee didnt run the ball on 3rd and 4 at the eight?
Two shots at gaining four yards while running clock. Both pass plays were total fails. X woulda put it in.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 pm

PoconoPony wrote:napolis

I have seen every Navy game at Annapolis for the past 20 years. This is the first game that I had some confidence that we had the offense to win and control the game. Alas, the offense was never really in sync. and I thought Lashlee had a very poor game with his calls. Seemed like he never figured out a rhythm and pattern for his calls and failed to make any half time adjustments. I have expressed my displeasure in the past with what I consider bad play calling in the red zone frequently this season, but credited him with very good calls out side the red zone. Yesterday, he simply had a bad day for the whole game and 4 or 5 times really handicapped the offense with poor first down calls based on the defense he was facing. Unfortunately, Bouchelle did not have a very good game to bail him out difficult situations. Exasperatingly frequent TV time outs that seemed to last forever also had an impact. I have attended many TV games and this was the worst I have ever experienced. Not sure how to define this matter, but suspect that CBS jams in more commercials into a game than other networks. Maybe someone can comment on this aspect. Bottom line is that our offense simply did not ever really get in rhythm hampered with only 4 minutes plus possession time in the first quarter and X man's fumble and we never got in the groove.

Based on the number of USAA and Navy Credit Union commercials, it's pretty clear they considered military families as being their prime viewers.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby DiamondM75 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:There are plenty of ways to spread the reasons for the loss around. A few key plays, the refs etc. But I will question why, considering the off day Boosh had, Lashlee didnt run the ball on 3rd and 4 at the eight?
Two shots at gaining four yards while running clock. Both pass plays were total fails. X woulda put it in.

I understand there is an offensive coordinator with Texas connections and Power 5 experience available. Should we make a run at him? :shock:
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football