PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Ben Hicks to Hogs thread locked & moved

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Ben Hicks to Hogs thread locked & moved

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:04 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
SMU Pom Mom wrote:To lighten the mood I give you this, from 2017 vs Arky State. To fully appreciate it you must take note of who was taken out of the game for just this one play and also be able to read lips at the very end. You're welcome.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApM8UJndzybJg6lxwKO ... w?e=8ozkBs

What did she say......I couldn't make it out?

"That is hilarious."
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby PNW_Stang » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

I think ripping on Chad Morris is fair game. We could all see his huge ego, and he probably still doesn’t take any of the blame for his Arkansas failures. Every fan on their boards says they don’t ever want to even hear his voice again. Plus he made millions.

But ripping on players isn’t cool, even if he did throw several pick 6’s. Guys are teenagers/early 20s playing a college sport and try their hardest.

Hicks came to an SMU game during his bye week. He obviously cares about the team. He has probably learned a lot of lessons from his year at Arkansas. His playing career is over, and he’s spent his whole life working towards football. I feel for the guy and wish him the best.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby dalpony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 am

Totally agree - your point on Ben Hicks - well said
dalpony
Varsity

Postby TidePony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

PNW_Stang wrote:I think ripping on Chad Morris is fair game. We could all see his huge ego, and he probably still doesn’t take any of the blame for his Arkansas failures. Every fan on their boards says they don’t ever want to even hear his voice again. Plus he made millions.

But ripping on players isn’t cool, even if he did throw several pick 6’s. Guys are teenagers/early 20s playing a college sport and try their hardest.

Hicks came to an SMU game during his bye week. He obviously cares about the team. He has probably learned a lot of lessons from his year at Arkansas. His playing career is over, and he’s spent his whole life working towards football. I feel for the guy and wish him the best.

This^^^
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Re: Chad Morris Fired

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:
TwoTimeGrad wrote:Ben Hicks took him down. Hicks was 'his guy' and played horribly.

Sonny Dykes took down the chadster the moment Shane Buechele committed to SMU over Arkansas.

It wouldn’t matter who the QB was this year at Arkansas. He still would have been fired.

I say Shane Buechele is the difference in 3 games this year. That would mean their season-ending game at home against a 5-5 Mizzou team earns them a bowl game. A Mizzou team that lost to Vanderbilt last month.

Given their current history, I doubt they fire chadster after only 2 seasons.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:26 pm

ponyboy

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:It wouldn’t matter who the QB was this year at Arkansas. He still would have been fired.

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Ouch
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:31 pm

If you think picking on Hicks because he couldn't effectively throw the out pattern, just think about the Ped State fans who made death threats to their QB when they lost to Minnesota. I've always said that people's differences with religion, politics and sports (in that order) have made people crazy since the beginning of civilization. I'm sure Hicks developed a pretty thick skin during his time at SMU
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:20 pm

He may have a thick skin, but it's up to us to do the right thing and not make him have to use it.
ponyboy

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 pm

One Trick Pony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:https://youtu.be/-6zr2eLpduI

:lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PNW_Stang » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:If you think picking on Hicks because he couldn't effectively throw the out pattern, just think about the Ped State fans who made death threats to their QB when they lost to Minnesota. I've always said that people's differences with religion, politics and sports (in that order) have made people crazy since the beginning of civilization. I'm sure Hicks developed a pretty thick skin during his time at SMU

Now that we have some T-shirt fans, the death threats to players after a bad game may be coming like at the big state schools ha
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:14 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:I think ripping on Chad Morris is fair game.

Agreed....we should leave poor ole Ben alone...he didn't come away from the Ark wreck with $11 million like the used car salesman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razorbacks/com ... dium=web2x
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
PNW_Stang wrote:I think ripping on Chad Morris is fair game.

Agreed....we should leave poor ole Ben alone...he didn't come away from the Ark wreck with $11 million like the used car salesman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razorbacks/com ... dium=web2x

Chad did at least give him a chance to see if he could compete at the SEC level which is obviously what he wanted. Could have gone another route and picked a school where he knew he would be "the guy". Ben would have ridden the pine/aluminum at SMU behind Shane and that would have been a tough way to finish an outstanding career at SMU.
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football