PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Ben Hicks to Hogs thread locked & moved

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Ben Hicks to Hogs thread locked & moved

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
PNW_Stang wrote:I think ripping on Chad Morris is fair game.

Agreed....we should leave poor ole Ben alone...he didn't come away from the Ark wreck with $11 million like the used car salesman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razorbacks/com ... dium=web2x

Chad did at least give him a chance to see if he could compete at the SEC level which is obviously what he wanted. Could have gone another route and picked a school where he knew he would be "the guy". Ben would have ridden the pine/aluminum at SMU behind Shane and that would have been a tough way to finish an outstanding career at SMU.

An outstanding amount of points for the other team's defense...
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:39 pm

smu fans are probably the tamest in all of d-1
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Chad Morris Fired

Postby AfricanMustang » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Just 12 days after being fired by the University of Arkansas, former Razorback football coach Chad Morris put his Fayetteville home up for sale.

The 3-acre estate on North Horse Meadow Drive hit the market Friday (Nov. 22). The property is east of Fayetteville off of North Gulley Road and Bridgewater Lane, in the upscale neighborhood Bridgewater Estates.

Morris’ residence is the largest in the 29-lot subdivision. It includes a seven-bedroom, 11,616-square-foot main residence and one-bedroom, 1,975-square-foot guest residence.

According to Washington County property records, Morris paid Stuart and Melanie Scott $3.8 million for the property in May 2018, five months after he was named head football coach at UA.

Jana-Wrenay Elkins with Lindsey & Associates in Fayetteville has the home listed for $3.79 million ($279.52 per square foot). Elkins describes the property as “beyond breathtaking.” It includes bluestone patios, swimming pool, custom hot tub, gas fire pit, lighted sport court and infrared recessed heaters.

Elkins’ listing says a more detailed list of amenities is available upon request. Razorback helmets and other accessories do not convey with the property, according to the listing.

Bridgewater Estates is known for its country living but still being within a 10-minute drive for essentials and entertainment. That combination is appealing for those who can afford to live there — that includes high-profile coaches at the UA.

The list of coaches associated with Bridgewater speaks for itself. Razorback baseball coach Dave Van Horn makes his home there. Former football coaches Bobby Petrino and Bielema and former basketball coach John Pelphrey all lived there while coaching the Hogs.

Former basketball coach Mike Anderson, fired this past March after coaching the basketball team for the past eight years, also lived in Bridgewater. Now the head coach at St. John’s University in Brooklyn, N.Y., Anderson’s 8,400-square-foot residence, across the street from Morris’ property, is on the market for $2.8 million.

Razorback basketball coach Eric Musselman bucked the Bridgewater trend earlier this year. The first-year coach purchased an 8,000-square-foot home in the gated Clear Creek neighborhood at Blessings Golf Club in Johnson near Fayetteville for $1.94 million ($242.50 per square foot).

https://talkbusiness.net/2019/11/chad-m ... 9-million/
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:03 pm

He probably never even had the chance to see all of the rooms.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Topper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Nacho wrote:smu fans are probably the tamest in all of d-1

The Arkansas fans are brutal but due to their less than successful program less so than the SEC in general. The SEC fans are similar to Big East basketball fans in their trash talk.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby docabel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Unless you are the "blue hair" fan sitting behind me yelling at my kids to sit down in the 4th quarter of the Tulsa game!!
docabel
Heisman

Postby Topper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm

docabel wrote:

Unless you are the "blue hair" fan sitting behind me yelling at my kids to sit down in the 4th quarter of the Tulsa game!!

LOL. I sit behind the glass. One game day before the pre-game even started an older lady walked up to one of the attendants near the buffet and told him to please go tell the "announcer" that they didn't like the piped in music and to pleas turn it off. If the announcer knew how much $$$ this lady had donated to the school they might have done so if they got the message.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:07 pm

AfricanMustang wrote:Just 12 days after being fired by the University of Arkansas, former Razorback football coach Chad Morris put his Fayetteville home up for sale. The 3-acre estate on North Horse Meadow Drive hit the market Friday (Nov. 22).

https://www.lindsey.com/listings/reside ... teville-ar
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:44 pm

I am not a high class guy but I am wondering why the guest house needs 3 baths with 1 bedroom?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:12 pm

mrydel wrote:I am not a high class guy but I am wondering why the guest house needs 3 baths with 1 bedroom?
You can get drunk and urinate everywhere without having the maid staff come until morning?
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Tempo
ponyboy

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:16 pm

ponyboy wrote:Tempo
Haha
One Trick Pony

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:06 pm

mrydel wrote:I am not a high class guy but I am wondering why the guest house needs 3 baths with 1 bedroom?

Restrooms for the pool. Doubles as a guest house and a pool house.

Come on, you went to SMU, you have class.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:19 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:

Restrooms for the pool. Doubles as a guest house and a pool house.

Come on, you went to SMU, you have class.

Good explanation. Thank you.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby No Quarter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:09 am

AfricanMustang wrote, in part:

Just 12 days after being fired by the University of Arkansas, former Razorback football coach Chad Morris put his Fayetteville home up for sale.

The 3-acre estate on North Horse Meadow Drive hit the market Friday (Nov. 22). The property is east of Fayetteville off of North Gulley Road and Bridgewater Lane, in the upscale neighborhood Bridgewater Estates.

Would it be fair to say that former HCCM know when to move on? In contrast to those of us on the board? The house may sell before posts on this topic end. LOL
No Quarter
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football