PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Week 12 Non-SMU Games to Care About

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Week 12 Non-SMU Games to Care About

Postby Dukie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:32 am

Others feel free to add to this list; here's mine in descending order of how much attention I will pay:

* Temple over Cincy. Yes, it would cause an AAC team to drop in the rankings, but it would leave the Owls alive for the AAC East, facing only UConn, and therefore make Cincy need a win at Memphis to make the championship game. And almost guarantee that the West champion would host the game.

* USF over Memphis. Pipe dream, but still a desired result.

* Utah State over Boise State. Less of a pipe dream, as USU is 6-4 and will be at home, and Boise was having to play their third-string QB last week.

* Texas State over App State. And we're back to pipe dreams. But would knock ASU out of relevance *and* burnish an SMU win.
Dukie
Heisman

Re: Week 12 Non-SMU Games to Care About

Postby indianmustang » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:35 am

yes for Memphis loss
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby leopold » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:16 pm

The Memphis game has the potential to be a real trap game for them. USF has a little more under the hood than people think and CCS is going to be fighting for his job and the team a bowl. I expect Memphis to win, but it could definitely get interesting.

Would love to see UT beat Baylor.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Another meaningful game is HP v Magnolia. I want the Scots to win, but they better not end up with a huge rematch against Frisco Lone Star on Saturday next week at AT&T.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 pm

leopold wrote:The Memphis game has the potential to be a real trap game for them. USF has a little more under the hood than people think and CCS is going to be fighting for his job and the team a bowl. I expect Memphis to win, but it could definitely get interesting.

No way... if UT wins, they'll get idiotically ranked. I rather Baylor lose to someone else.
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Can't believe Arkyland Vs LSU didn't make the list since so many sit on the edge of their seats with baited breath wondering how the Beloved Razorbacks will do with Ex-HCCM and QB Hicks no longer in the picture.
ponyte

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:50 pm

ponyte wrote:Can't believe Arkyland Vs LSU didn't make the list since so many sit on the edge of their seats with baited breath wondering how the Beloved Razorbacks will do with Ex-HCCM and QB Hicks no longer in the picture.
See you did it. Quit bitcahing
One Trick Pony

Postby leopold » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm

ponyte wrote:Can't believe Arkyland Vs LSU didn't make the list since so many sit on the edge of their seats with baited breath wondering how the Beloved Razorbacks will do with Ex-HCCM and QB Hicks no longer in the picture.

DONT BRING THAT EVIL IN HERE
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Now that CM is adios me no care about dem Backs.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:10 pm

leopold wrote:The Memphis game has the potential to be a real trap game for them. USF has a little more under the hood than people think and CCS is going to be fighting for his job and the team a bowl. I expect Memphis to win, but it could definitely get interesting.

USF gave Cincy a scare and my guess is that will serve as a wake up call for Memphis. As for UT vs Baylor, we will find out whether Baylor is for real. Thought they were for a good part of their game vs OU last week
Charleston Pony

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 pm

If Rayplor U never wins another game it would still be one too many. Even against ut I can't root for evil.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:28 am

HubbaHubba wrote:If Rayplor U never wins another game it would still be one too many. Even against ut I can't root for evil.

The enigmatic game of the week...is there a lesser of two evils?

Go refs...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

Charleston Pony wrote:

USF gave Cincy a scare and my guess is that will serve as a wake up call for Memphis. As for UT vs Baylor, we will find out whether Baylor is for real. Thought they were for a good part of their game vs OU last week

Cincy had back to back scares. They almost lost to ECU and now USF. Going on the road to Memphis is going to get them a loss and a big one. I'll keep my opinion that SMU and Memphis already played the championship game.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 am

One Trick Pony wrote:

Those that want to continue to pile on CM will be rooting for the Barry Lundy led Hogs to knock off LSU.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:31 am

PonyTime wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

Those that want to continue to pile on CM will be rooting for the Barry Lundy led Hogs to knock off LSU.
Lol

I would still like to see the video where he lost his ship while being fired and then I'll be satisfied and move on.
One Trick Pony

Next

Return to Football