PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Center Stage: Hickmans Embrace Father-Son Bond for Jesuit

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Center Stage: Hickmans Embrace Father-Son Bond for Jesuit

Postby AfricanMustang » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:35 pm

After he outgrew linebacker in second grade, Branson switched to center, following in the footsteps of his father, who was an offensive tackle at TCU in the early 1990s and has been Jesuit’s head coach since 2011.

“I knew I wanted to play for my dad,” Branson said. “It’s been a lot of fun. He’s taught me a lot, and we’ve celebrated a lot of wins together. He instilled my work ethic and my football IQ.”

Branson received a scholarship offer from SMU after spring practice and committed to play for the Mustangs in June. He plans to make his decision official during the early signing period in December.

The surging Mustangs, of course, are longtime rivals with the Horned Frogs. But Brandon said that wouldn’t cause any issues when it comes to loyalty. For now, he’s an SMU fan.

“I’ve got some buddies who are giving me a hard time, but it’s your son, and you have to be supportive,” Brandon said. “I won’t be wearing a lot of purple for the next five years.”

https://www.prestonhollowpeople.com/201 ... t-rangers/
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Return to Football