PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs FAU Boca Raton Bowl

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs FAU Boca Raton Bowl

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:47 am

SMU Pom Mom wrote:Ugh, I can't take it anymore! This is the right bowl for SMU. Try to enjoy it. You want to hear what you could be whining about? My school averaged 9 wins the last 4 seasons in a tough conference but only managed 3 wins this year. They aren't even allowed to watch bowl games on TV with that record. We just spent a quarter of a billion dollars on a new practice facility but oops, forgot to sign a quarterback. Now that's something worth crying over. So pony up or sit down, because it's good, no GREAT, to be a Mustang. Thanks for letting me follow along this season.

^^^^^^ 100%
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:25 am

So...playing a 10 win conference champion, who lost at Ohio State, at UCF and against bowl bound Marshall and getting to play in Boca Raton is beneath some of us? That's just so SMU. I hope the team enjoys this trip and rewards any fans who make this trip with an 11th win in what has been a season that far surpassed my expectations.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am

[*]#ParticipationTrophyMentality

I still do not understand the rationale for putting Temple against UNC. They're going to lose and it will be another P5 > G5. I would have love beating those cheating Tarheels and Brown's elitist ***.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Timothythegreat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 am

Charleston Pony wrote:So...playing a 10 win conference champion, who lost at Ohio State, at UCF and against bowl bound Marshall and getting to play in Boca Raton is beneath some of us? That's just so SMU. I hope the team enjoys this trip and rewards any fans who make this trip with an 11th win in what has been a season that far surpassed my expectations.

The most impressive thing FAU has done this season is lose to Ohio state by 24 points.
Timothythegreat
Junior Varsity

Postby TidePony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am

Question: Will there be any pregame activities in Boca prior to the game? We are landing Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. Sorry, if the school posted something and I missed it.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby peruna81 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 am

Don't know the above Q, but I guarantee we will not "Frisco" this time...Sonny will enjoy this bowl, and so will Mustang faithful.

Mrs peruna81 and I will be yelling at the tv...

Beat the Fighting Kiffins!
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:04 am

Charleston Pony wrote:So...playing a 10 win conference champion, who lost at Ohio State, at UCF and against bowl bound Marshall and getting to play in Boca Raton is beneath some of us? That's just so SMU. I hope the team enjoys this trip and rewards any fans who make this trip with an 11th win in what has been a season that far surpassed my expectations.

It's not beneath us, it's more we want an opportunity to prove our selves. Beating another G5 school doesn't start conversations about the strength of the team as beating a P5 team would. I'd rather play UNC or KSU or BC. That said I'm rooting hard for Temple, Navy, Cinci, and Memphis.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:15 pm

We have plenty to prove in this game. Should be another ECU type shootout I would think. Going for an 11 win season is special. Losing that Navy game really hurt in so many ways. Win and we would have tied for the Division win and been in the Liberty Bowl.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby soccermom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:31 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:Ugh, I can't take it anymore! This is the right bowl for SMU. Try to enjoy it. You want to hear what you could be whining about? My school averaged 9 wins the last 4 seasons in a tough conference but only managed 3 wins this year. They aren't even allowed to watch bowl games on TV with that record. We just spent a quarter of a billion dollars on a new practice facility but oops, forgot to sign a quarterback. Now that's something worth crying over. So pony up or sit down, because it's good, no GREAT, to be a Mustang. Thanks for letting me follow along this season.

Truth!
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby skyscraper » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:58 pm

I would've loved a bowl against a P5. But it's not happening, so this is the best alternative -- nice destination that the team wanted to go to (wanting to be there is a big part of actually winning a bowl game) and a nice afternoon timeslot Saturday on ABC.
It's been a great season, hopefully we can finish it off with a win.
skyscraper

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:11 pm

skyscraper wrote:I would've loved a bowl against a P5. But it's not happening, so this is the best alternative -- nice destination that the team wanted to go to (wanting to be there is a big part of actually winning a bowl game) and a nice afternoon timeslot Saturday on ABC.
It's been a great season, hopefully we can finish it off with a win.

If we can't beat a coach-less team then yes you are right, this is definitely the best destination.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Florida Atlantic Stadium (Capacity: 29,419)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ21_FMNzzs
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Florida Atlantic Stadium (Capacity: 29,419)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ21_FMNzzs

Thanks for posting this, small quaint stadium, with seats close to the field. I can't wait to get down there!
ALEX LIFESON

Previous

Return to Football