PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chris McMurtray

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chris McMurtray

Postby RedRiverPony » Sun Aug 26, 2001 2:34 pm

OK, I didn't make it down for the scrimmage - did I read correctly that McMurtray drilled a 57-yard field goal? Welcome aboard, Chris!
RedRiverPony
All-American

Re: Chris McMurtray

Postby click » Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:55 pm

What a battle with the kicking game,both kickers look good,jacob and chris.And both punters look good,adam and russ.Don't know what they will do with chris and russ but this was a sure hit last year in recruiting.In a couple of years I see SMU with the best kicking game in the country with russ averageing 45plus and chris giving us the chance to win the close ones.GO MUSTANGS !
click
Scout Team

Postby SMUguy » Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:15 pm

You may be getting ahead of the game a little with that "best kicking game in the country" comment, but I agree with your enthusiasm -- it's a nice problem to have, and a welcome change from last year's team that almost had to go for it on fourth down every time....
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby ponystudent » Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:06 am

What scrimmage were you all watching. McMurtray did hit a long FG but there was no pressure.

I thought the kicking game flat out stunk. The first kickoff was whiffed by Waltershied and his next attempt looked like a bat with one wing flying sideways for 20 yards.

That is all.
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Return to Football