PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts on the 2020 season?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thoughts on the 2020 season?

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:23 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:The whole world has been scammed.

They did all of this because SMU football was not practicing social distancing anymore.

Screw Fouci, the WHO, Fouci, Gates and the rest of these clowns.

I will not be taking any vaccine.
Keep reading the news

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coro ... 17416.html
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKris89 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:54 am

One Trick Pony wrote:

They did all of this because SMU football was not practicing social distancing anymore.

Keep reading the news

Hmmm, my reading comprehension suffers after a couple of paragraphs of non-sense like this... but I think I found, toward the end, the gist of that article... and all I know is I am still waiting to peak from that last hit of acid I took back in college"

from the article...
LOCAL PREDICTIONS

The number of cases has been too low to build reliable predictions for when a patient surge might hit Fort Worth and Tarrant County, Bennett said.

[i][i]A model from researchers at the University of Washington showed Texas reaching a spike in patients by early May. Before the state’s metros shut down businesses and ordered residents to stay home, the spike was expected in mid-April[/i].[/i]
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:25 am

PonyKris89 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

Keep reading the news

Hmmm, my reading comprehension suffers after a couple of paragraphs of non-sense like this... but I think I found, toward the end, the gist of that article... and all I know is I am still waiting to peak from that last hit of acid I took back in college"

from the article...
LOCAL PREDICTIONS

The number of cases has been too low to build reliable predictions for when a patient surge might hit Fort Worth and Tarrant County, Bennett said.

[i][i]A model from researchers at the University of Washington showed Texas reaching a spike in patients by early May. Before the state’s metros shut down businesses and ordered residents to stay home, the spike was expected in mid-April[/i].[/i]
As a fine attorney you picked up exactly what you should have.

Nothing happening yet. We are waiting and hoping for a passover.

NO one has a clue if MLB will happen or college/ NFL football this year. Especially stubhub who's holding everyone's money and about to file bankruptcy...
One Trick Pony

Postby PNW_Stang » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:51 pm

If the 2020 season is cancelled, I think SMU will have a solid recruiting class. No 2/3 full games to attend on official visits (and P5 visits to compare to), and therefore recruits will be won over by the down to earth staff and family atmosphere.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:13 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:If the 2020 season is cancelled, I think SMU will have a solid recruiting class. No 2/3 full games to attend on official visits (and P5 visits to compare to), and therefore recruits will be won over by the down to earth staff and family atmosphere.

If the 2020 season is cancelled all of the G5 conferences will possibly dissolve without NCAA rules changes. Most of those schools can't fund the minimum scholarships after missing a year of NCAA tournament AND football revenue. Those that can afford it will only do so thanks to deep pocketed donors.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:14 pm

MustangStealth wrote:
PNW_Stang wrote:If the 2020 season is cancelled, I think SMU will have a solid recruiting class. No 2/3 full games to attend on official visits (and P5 visits to compare to), and therefore recruits will be won over by the down to earth staff and family atmosphere.

If the 2020 season is cancelled all of the G5 conferences will possibly dissolve without NCAA rules changes. Most of those schools can't fund the minimum scholarships after missing a year of NCAA tournament AND football revenue. Those that can afford it will only do so thanks to deep pocketed donors.

SMU would be one of the G5 schools that could manage.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:16 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:
MustangStealth wrote:

SMU would be one of the G5 schools that could manage.

Might be a little harder with oil at a negative $30/bbl. Fortunately, it will come up at some point.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMUstang » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:32 am

MustangStealth wrote:

Could be a great opportunity for the AAC to add another team for football and/or basketball. But I think there will be a football season in one fashion or another. Recruiting is improving under Dykes anyway, so the future looks bright for SMU.
SMUstang
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football