PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chicargo " Saturday in the Park"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chicargo " Saturday in the Park"

Postby BUS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 am

Have that song going through my head as I think about the fun times on the Boulevard. Personally I think this country will be back to pretty much normal by June. I sure hope so as I want to have a huge party in July and shake this funk.

See everyone as soon as we can. Be safe, Be smart and be prudent. We don't exactly know what this is but it is real.

Go Mustangs.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Chicargo " Saturday in the Park"

Postby Sewanee Stang » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:33 pm

June Cometh.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby Hilltopper » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Sewanee Stang wrote:June Cometh.

Nicely done, Sewanee Stang
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Dukie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 pm

BUS wrote:Have that song going through my head as I think about the fun times on the Boulevard. Personally I think this country will be back to pretty much normal by June. I sure hope so as I want to have a huge party in July and shake this funk.

See everyone as soon as we can. Be safe, Be smart and be prudent. We don't exactly know what this is but it is real.

Go Mustangs.

Can't wait. Hope the season has no hitch. This program is prepped for a great run and I hope they get the chance to show it on the field.

Great song, too.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby BUS » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am

Heard the Gov. of Texas on Radio about talking to sport teams and getting back to normal. He was very cautious as science would give the answer. So, Stay tuned and pray for this war to conclude.
God's Peace.... Until we meet on the field. :roll:
BUS

Postby Nacho » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:37 am

don't drink the brown Lysol
Nacho

Postby HubbaHubba » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 am

Love "Saturday in the Park". But the song "Longtime" by Borston, I fear, describes when Mustang football is back on the field.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Until we come up with meds and/or vaccine for covid-19 there will be no football at Ford. Very sad
situation !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby BUS » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:49 am

Currently have therapeutic ways of taking care of Wuhan. The Ones that are sadly passing away are those with other health issues. (Look up Illinois Surgeon General) In Dallas the numbers are 1/3000 th of a percent die of this. And I am a person at increased risk.

Hope to see you all on Saturday.
God's Peace.
BUS

Postby Dukie » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:00 am

BUS wrote:Currently have therapeutic ways of taking care of Wuhan. The Ones that are sadly passing away are those with other health issues. (Look up Illinois Surgeon General) In Dallas the numbers are 1/3000 th of a percent die of this. And I am a person at increased risk.

Hope to see you all on Saturday.
God's Peace.

This really isn't true. There are plenty of healthy, younger people with no underlying health issues whatsoever who are nevertheless dying. What the other variables are we don't know yet--based on the number of those in this category who are health workers and grocery workers, it may be the case that the viral load they are exposed to in their workplaces is a factor.

I'm hoping for football without crowds, at least. And hopefully a true drug or plasma breakthrough, plus confirmation of long-lasting immunity.

Updated this post with the president of Brown U's thoughts on how colleges open this fall, assuming no breakthroughs:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/26/opin ... e=Homepage

The three key paragraphs:

"Testing is an absolute prerequisite. All campuses must be able to conduct rapid testing for the coronavirus for all students, when they first arrive on campus and at regular intervals throughout the year. Testing only those with symptoms will not be sufficient. We now know that many people who have the disease are asymptomatic. Regular testing is the only way to prevent the disease from spreading silently through dormitories and classrooms.

"Traditional contact tracing is not sufficient on a college campus, where students may not know who they sat next to in a lecture or attended a party with. Digital technology can help. Several states are working to adapt mobile apps created by private companies to trace the spread of disease, and colleges and universities can play a role by collaborating with their state health departments and rolling out tracing technology on their campuses.

"Testing and tracing will be useful only if students who are ill or who have been exposed to the virus can be separated from others. Traditional dormitories with shared bedrooms and bathrooms are not adequate. Setting aside appropriate spaces for isolation and quarantine (e.g. hotel rooms) may be costly, but necessary. It will also be necessary to ensure that students abide by the rigorous requirements of isolation and quarantine."
Dukie
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:46 am

Just to throw another wrench into an already muddled situation...

Keep in mind that MERS and SARS did not come back.

If we can take proper actions to make sure the virus doesn't keep bouncing back and disappears over the summer, there is a chance that it doesn't resurface in the fall, and we all get to a happy place.
JasonB

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:44 am

JasonB wrote:Just to throw another wrench into an already muddled situation...

Keep in mind that MERS and SARS did not come back.

If we can take proper actions to make sure the virus doesn't keep bouncing back and disappears over the summer, there is a chance that it doesn't resurface in the fall, and we all get to a happy place.

" If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas "

- Dandy Don Meredith
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 pm

BUS wrote:Have that song going through my head as I think about the fun times on the Boulevard. Personally I think this country will be back to pretty much normal by June. I sure hope so as I want to have a huge party in July and shake this funk.

Go Mustangs.
Bus change your hotmail password someone has hijacked it seriously...
One Trick Pony

Postby BUS » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:30 am

I don't have Hotmail - Was hacked on sbcglobal account and they duplicated onto Hotmail. I have changed password on sbc - Thanks

Happened at 7:30 Monday morning.

FYI I could use some gift cards!
BUS

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 am

BUS wrote:I don't have Hotmail - Was hacked on sbcglobal account and they duplicated onto Hotmail. I have changed password on sbc - Thanks

Happened at 7:30 Monday morning.

FYI I could use some gift cards!
Upper and lower case alpha with special characters. (Wink)

Will bring your gift card to the boulevard this fall and a big hug
One Trick Pony

Next

Return to Football