PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Buechele's Raises $50,000 for City of Dallas COVID-19 Relief

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Buechele's Raises $50,000 for City of Dallas COVID-19 Relief

Postby PonyPride » Tue May 12, 2020 8:37 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Buechele's Relief Efforts Raise $50,000 for City of Dallas COVID-19 Assistance Fund

MAY 12, 2020 (DALLAS) – SMU quarterback Shane Buechele and his girlfriend, Paige, will meet up with Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson at Fire Station #4 at 11 a.m. this Thursday to deliver a $50,000 check to be donated to the Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund for COVID-19 relief. Back in April the couple decided to start a GoFundMe account so that they could give back to the place they call home. After many efforts to raise awareness for their donation page, the duo is excited to have hit their monetary goal.

"I was impressed with Shane Buechele's performance on the field last season for SMU, but I am far more impressed with his commitment to his community here in the city of Dallas," said Mayor Johnson. "Dallas is a resilient city. We will recover from COVID-19, and the funds raised by Shane and Paige will help us get there."

Their GoFundMe account was created to help the city during this time of uncertainty. The pair felt that they could team up and use their voices to rally support and give back to their community.

"Dallas is home. I grew up here," Buechele said. "It's been amazing to see how many people have sent in donations. Everyone wants to help and give back in some way and I'm glad they're able to do that through the donation page Paige and I started."

"We are so thankful to be able to hand over this donation to Mayor Johnson and we appreciate everyone that helped us reach our goal," said Dallas Mavericks Corporate Communications and Events Coordinator Paige Vasquez.

The Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund committee will meet to decide how the donation will be distributed to help those in need. The Mayor's committee is chaired by businesswoman and former U.S. Ambassador Jeanne Phillips and includes UT-Southwestern Vice President for Community and Corporate Relations Ruben Esquivel, The Beck Group's Executive Chairman Peter Beck, City Manager T.C. Broadnax, Mayor Johnson's Chief of Staff Mary Elbanna, and Matthew Randazzo, the CEO and President of The Dallas Foundation.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Buechele's Raises $50,000 for City of Dallas COVID-19 Re

Postby jpe747 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Buechele proves again to be an outstanding young man.
jpe747
Heisman

Re: Buechele's Raises $50,000 for City of Dallas COVID-19 Re

Postby digman52 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:18 am

Great job Shane and Paige ! Paying it forward !
digman52
Junior Varsity

Return to Football