PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Football Thoughts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Football Thoughts

Postby ojaipony » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am

Other than possibly Proche, X Jones won us quite a few games alone last year IMO. Replacing his productivity is going to be really tough. But if Gray is sort of a Roberson 2.0, this offense will be super scary (good scary). I hope they both can stay healthy (not keeping my hopes up for Roberson). We're going to need health on the front lines and some younger pups to step up in the defensive secondary (for depth) and Moore can come back 100% and stay that way. Do that, and we could possibly repeat a 10 win season. If we get hit with key injuries, and the young RBs just can't cut it, we're looking at 7 wins tops. Either way, I'm SUPER excited for the guys to report back and start hearing how everything's going. Pony up!
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Football Thoughts

Postby leopold » Fri May 22, 2020 12:48 pm

This is why I think James is so important.

We have a 2nd TE that can provide more push up front for whatever RB we have? He can possibly be a dual threat option that can catch 40 or 50 balls, like Granson, picking up the slack from Proche? Can help make Buechele even more efficient?

James, if he lives up to his potential, is going to be the key to replacing Proche, Jones, and Freeman. We have talent at those positions to get it done but there's going to be a lot more help around them if our TE helps them out.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football