PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OL Tommy Miller

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OL Tommy Miller

Postby PonyPower » Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:17 pm

It's early, he's been on campus for all of a couple of weeks. But take a look at #79, Tommy Miller. When he was recruited, we were all told he was 6-3, 300. But then the recruiting mouthpieces out there always add an inch or two and a pound or 20 to the kids, to make fans and alums get excited about each kid. But this kid looks like a lineman at Nebraska or Tennessee. (Relax, MustangMatt -- I didn't say he plays like them, just that he looks like them.)

I guarantee he's every ounce of 300, even after 2-a-days. He's 18 years old and looks like he's 35 -- hair's getting thin on the roof (already???) and I get the impression he's been shaving since he was weaned off his pacifier. Better yet, this is not a 300-pounder who's got 290 pounds of baby fat around his gut. The kid's caboose looks like a dumpster at a construction site, and he has legs that look like a couple of redwood trees wrapped in knee braces. I have no idea how talented this guy is or what his footwork is like, but he looks brutally strong. When he's blocking, he gets his butt really low, meaning he gets his center of gravity underneath the oncoming defensive player and can then use those big thighs for raw power blocking. If this guy is as talented as he is big, and if he works hard with the coaches and in the weight room, it looks like the sky's the limit for him.
PonyPower
All-American

Re: OL Tommy Miller

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:29 pm

I'm not sure he is 6'3, but looks all of 300lbs. A little more work on the upper body and the guy could be an immovable force.

Re: OL Tommy Miller

Postby WildHorse » Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:12 pm

Kid looks like a bulldozer. Hope he can play
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Return to Football