PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Is Fall College Football a Possibility?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Is Fall College Football a Possibility?

Postby Water Pony » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Increasingly, I am coming to the realization we won't see CFB this year. :?

Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports shares the following:

"Take a deep breath, and begin to get comfortable with the idea there’s virtually no chance of playing college football in any recognizable form this fall. Start digesting the notion that the next time we see a college football game could be in more than 13 months, as the sport remains the most unlikely of all the major sports to execute a successful return."

Here is his article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-to-face-r ... 34809.html
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 pm

There is no way on God's green earth we are getting football. No chance at all. I am increasingly pessimistic about basketball as well.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby shadowman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:44 am

With many of their States hard hit and no end in sight, it looks like the SEC is close to cancelling all fall sports. That would be the domino that crashes everything down.

No way fall football is going to happen, hopefully basketball is still possible since the teams and staff are a tiny fraction of the football programs and can be more easily managed and monitored.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:11 am

Don't shut down your hopes yet. The breathalyzers will be a game changer for everything and everyone when they arrive. For the next month, things are going to be a disaster. But when those things come out, everything will restart really, really quickly.
JasonB

Postby EastStang » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:24 am

I noticed the NFL is going to require Oakley full face shields inside of masks. I had assumed that is why hockey started back up because most of the players wear face shields (although they'll have to give up fighting for this season). That is very similar to what doctors and nurses wear with even an added filter for air inside of the mask. Perhaps the NCAA can mandate the same thing for college football. If that happens there may still be at least a conference schedule. I suspect the Bowl season will be just the New Years Day bowls.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Football