PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Expectations

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Expectations

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:40 am

Here I sit in the middle of the Corona Pandemic thinking this could be a stellar football season for the Mustangs. My Heart says we should go 5-1 (TCU) at home and 5-1 (Temple or ECU) on the road ultimately meeting UCF in the Championship Game, winning and going to the NY6.
My Head keeps saying, Whoa, this is SMU and we should expect disappointment. Like the Boca Bowl fiasco. Or worse, no 2020 season at all. What say you?
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Expectations

Postby ponyboy » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:07 pm

We'll go 13-0, having beaten all teams by 36 points or more. Our #9 ranking after the conference championship win will get us Northern South Dakota in the Sarsparilla Bowl in Nuevo Laredo.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Expectations

Postby geezerdonk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:17 pm

You left out the part where UT officials reveal video of SMU assistant water boy receiving a free lemonade from his girl friend's sister. NCAA nullifies all wins for the year, removes one year of eligibility for every player, limits scholarships to 3 for the next ten years and amputate Sonny Dykes' big toes.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Return to Football