PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Notre Dame

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Notre Dame

Postby Topper » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:46 am

I understand that everyone's season could end very abruptly at anytime. But in the mean time, Notre Dame may lose most of its opponents. Let's invite them to play in the American this year.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Re: Notre Dame

Postby Dukie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 am

Topper wrote:I understand that everyone's season could end very abruptly at anytime. But in the mean time, Notre Dame may lose most of its opponents. Let's invite them to play in the American this year.

This is a good idea, but your candidate is BYU (which already added Navy, and still has only 7 games, I think). Notre Dame fully joined the ACC for this football season.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Topper » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am

My mistake. Read a story that ACC was shutting down but the speculation applied to all conferences including ACC. I'm lukewarm on BYU
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Dukie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:44 am

Topper wrote:My mistake. Read a story that ACC was shutting down but the speculation applied to all conferences including ACC. I'm lukewarm on BYU

With the Mountain West shut down, the AAC should actually try to poach Boise. Permanently.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Dilly Dilly - Boise
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUstang » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:02 pm

I would think that BYU is a better choice than Boise. But Army might be better than both if they would consider it. All would be football only, but BYU and Army already have a spot for their olympic sports.
SMUstang
Heisman

Return to Football