PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season predictions?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Season predictions?

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:44 pm

My schedule shows 12 games.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Higher Authority » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:39 am

I'll say 6-6 until the running game and defensive line prove they're up to the task
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby crazy horse » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:52 pm

9-3 - if the kicking team/special teams has not been greatly improved.

11-1 - If we can make our XP and FGs.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby shadowman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:57 am

The SMU season preview is in the Dallas Morning News today, pretty good write up, if you are in the area, pick up a paper!

They picked SMU to go 9-2 with losses to Cincy and Navy.

Link:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-m ... -and-more/

Note: the online version still has the TCU game as a loss, the paper edition was updated prior to printing and the TCU game is omitted.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:46 am

JasonB wrote:I'm still hoping for breathalyzer and other instant test mechanisms to be available end of September that allow us to keep things going.

- QB - all-conference
- WR - all-conference
- TE - all-conference
- RB - average until someone scares the other team?
- OL - above average pass, average run. Better depth than we have had in ages. We need someone who can manhandle opponents, just dominate. I don't think we have that player yet. It would push the line up to all-conference.
- DE - average. Need someone to develop opposite Cox to go above average or all-conference.
- DT - below average. Unproven potential. That said, our OL should be the best in a while, and if they are having problem running at practice it might be a good sign at DT.
- LB - Average. Delano is above average. McBride all conference against run, below average against pass. is RM healthy? Productivity is required from the Fox, can we generate something there? Lots of unknowns, this could be above average or all conference even. But pre-season have to rate as average.
- CB - Above average. Good starters and now apparently good depth. Maybe potential for all-conference?
- S - below average. Lots of talent, nobody is proven. Lots of potential to be better, but going in have to consider below average.
- K/P - below average. Potential to be better, but you have a K who couldn't break through at UT and an unknown punter. Much higher upside potential, but have to see it in a game.

Prediction: we have the best offense in conference. Our DT is much better than expected, and our defense surprises with above average performances, despite inconsistencies and big plays given up at safety.

9-2 (someone cancels a game because of Covid), win the West and go to the conference championship game.

My margin of error just dropped.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football