PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Schedule changes

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Schedule changes

Postby PonyPride » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Per a release from the American Athletic Conference, two SMU games have been rescheduled:

• Memphis at SMU will be played Saturday, Oct. 3 (originally scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 1)

• SMU at Tulane will be played Friday, Oct. 16 (originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17)

Also, the opener at Texas State will kickoff at 3:30 and will be broadcast on ESPN.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Schedule changes

Postby mustangxc » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:16 pm

It seems like those changes are downgrades. Thursday night is a featured game so moving to Saturday is not an upgrade. Friday night is definitely a downgrade to Saturday. What gives? I would have thought our games would all be upgraded to more desirable time slots not downgraded.
mustangxc

Postby Dukie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:24 pm

mustangxc wrote:It seems like those changes are downgrades. Thursday night is a featured game so moving to Saturday is not an upgrade. Friday night is definitely a downgrade to Saturday. What gives? I would have thought our games would all be upgraded to more desirable time slots not downgraded.

They *might* be downgrades. I expect they are more likely to be upgrades. With no Big Ten and no PAC XII, there are a lot more prime spots to fill on Saturdays. We'll need to see the broadcast attached to them to see if this is better or worse.

That our game at Texas State is on freakin' ESPN is great. It helps that there is nothing else they have to show.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Dukie wrote:
mustangxc wrote:It seems like those changes are downgrades. Thursday night is a featured game so moving to Saturday is not an upgrade. Friday night is definitely a downgrade to Saturday. What gives? I would have thought our games would all be upgraded to more desirable time slots not downgraded.

They *might* be downgrades. I expect they are more likely to be upgrades. With no Big Ten and no PAC XII, there are a lot more prime spots to fill on Saturdays. We'll need to see the broadcast attached to them to see if this is better or worse.

That our game at Texas State is on freakin' ESPN is great. It helps that there is nothing else they have to show.

That was my 1st thought, i.e., the networks might be looking at Memphis @ SMU as a very meaningful game and remember that Memphis was the gameday host for last year's game. The good guys lost that game last year, but it was plenty entertaining for the television audience. Also agree it's nice to have the Texas State game not televised on the ocho.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football