PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Disappointed

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Disappointed

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:44 pm

35straight wrote:
ojaipony wrote:I think what he said and the video is beautiful. Can't believe any on here would even have any kind of "issue" with it all. Disappointed?!? WTF.

My issue is with the BLM logo. BLM and SMU don’t belong together.

The hundreds of coaches, faculty, athletes and non-athlete students who marched to Dallas Hall appear to disagree.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby FriscoPMG » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:06 pm

35straight wrote:
ojaipony wrote:I think what he said and the video is beautiful. Can't believe any on here would even have any kind of "issue" with it all. Disappointed?!? WTF.

My issue is with the BLM logo. BLM and SMU don’t belong together.

If you're referring to the clenched/raised fist, that has been around a lot longer than the BLM organization...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby 35straight » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:33 pm

Don’t be a smart [deleted]. It’s clearly put there for BLM along with the numerous hashtags. Just a few quotes from that esteemed organization that everyone seems ok with SMU associating with its sports programs.

“I’m at the point where I’m ready to put these police in the f**king grave. I’m at the point where I wanna burn the f**king White House down.”

“I wanna take it to the Senators. I wanna take it to the Congress. I wanna take the fight to them. And at the end of the day if they ain’t gonna hear us, we burn them the f**k down.”

“I’m one that talk real sh*t. I talk it in New York and I talk it in DC. The same way I f**k police up in New York, I f**k cops here in DC. The same way I bust police in the head in New York, I bust police in the head in DC.”
35straight
Heisman

Postby malonish » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Sweet unattributed quotes tho
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 35straight » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:00 pm

35straight
Heisman

Postby malonish » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 am

Forgive me for not taking a video seriously from a source called "Triggered Newscast" and will need something more reliable than Breitbart level videos.

For example the dog whistle video on that channel about the 5 year old shot in his yard. The perpetrator was arrested how fast? Hours? And it took how long to arrest Ahmaud Arbery's shooters hmm?
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:35 am

This is the best read I've seen on the subject: https://www.epm.org/blog/2020/Jul/20/bl ... up7y3CjwGo

Black lives do matter. There's a lot of pent up frustration and pain out there.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:47 am

Black lives do matter. And its not just the one's shot by the police. When I worked in a prosecutors office in a rural southern county over 40 years ago, there was an inclination among jurors to not take the killing of blacks by blacks seriously. If a black killed a black, maybe manslaughter and maybe a year or two in jail. If a black killed a white person, death penalty. Unfortunately, that still seems to be feeling today. There were 14 shootings last year by police of unarmed blacks. Hundreds of blacks killed by blacks. No one seems to care about these lives. And the press narrative and the athlete narraitve is to act like those 1970's southern jurors, no big deal.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby malonish » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:07 am

EastStang wrote:Black lives do matter. And its not just the one's shot by the police. When I worked in a prosecutors office in a rural southern county over 40 years ago, there was an inclination among jurors to not take the killing of blacks by blacks seriously. If a black killed a black, maybe manslaughter and maybe a year or two in jail. If a black killed a white person, death penalty. Unfortunately, that still seems to be feeling today. There were 14 shootings last year by police of unarmed blacks. Hundreds of blacks killed by blacks. No one seems to care about these lives. And the press narrative and the athlete narraitve is to act like those 1970's southern jurors, no big deal.

It's interesting because "X on X crime" is brought up but the thing is you're more likely to be killed by someone you know, live with, or live nearby than a stranger so X kills X no matter what X is because X lives by X. No one says that doesn't matter but the other issue of the folks in power doing a disproportionate enforcement and punishment is not mutually exclusive from overall violent incidents by population.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 am

Per latest DOJ statistics 2016 (during Obama Administration) 89% of violent crimes committed against blacks were by blacks. That number even surprises me. Again, until people exhibit the same horror for those deaths as for George Floyd, which was wrong under any viewpoint, that is the real systemic racism.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Football